Cannot access (SOME) windows PCs on LAN ?

Soldato
Really annoying me this one.

I am having a few issues but this one is a particular annoyance, and so I will limit the post to just 3 PCs for the moment.

I have had this issue for quite some time, and I have recently done a fresh install on all of the PCs so why its doing the same problem both before AND after reinstalling, I dont know?

PC1 = Windows 10 64 Bit
PC2 = Windows 10 64 Bit
PC3 = Linux Ubuntu Mate 20.04

Now, I am a complete moron when it comes to Linux, so be gentle.

I have changed the samba.conf file and added maxclient protocol = NT1 just under the workgroups line.

I did this in the past and it helped, but this time, its done nothing?

The Windows PCs see the Linux PC, but cannot access anything.
The Linux PC ( and all other Linux PCs no matter what distro I use ) sees both PC1 and PC2 and it has full access as it should to its files, however it fails to mount PC1

This to me says that there must be some setting thats different on PC1 to PC2 and yet they are both running the very same version of Windows!?

Any ideas on what I am missing or can try out?

Or is it a Windows issue?

I dont have any problems accessing either PC1 or PC 2 from another Windows PC. Only the Linux ones.

Soldato
OP
Ok, I just been trying to get two Linux PCs to talk to each other....
Again! - Nothing!

I just dug out a couple of older sewtups and threw on Mint 17.3 KDE onto both and they got chatting instantly and without any hassle.
They also saw and accessed my main Windows PC ( PC1 )

So, do newer distros have issues like newer Windows versions do?

Soldato
Ok, I just been trying to get two Linux PCs to talk to each other....
Again! - Nothing!

I just dug out a couple of older sewtups and threw on Mint 17.3 KDE onto both and they got chatting instantly and without any hassle.
They also saw and accessed my main Windows PC ( PC1 )

So, do newer distros have issues like newer Windows versions do?

Late reply I know but Samba dropped SMB1 support. SMB1 is used for server dir listing ect.
Samba 4.11 on has it removed.

Back
Top Bottom