Cannot download purchased product keys - Windows 11?

Soldato
OK guys - only just Windows related.....
I've just bought a PSN Credit from a well known UK retailer. Purchased online and then given the option to "Download" my code.
This is a very well known company with physical stores. I've bought credit from them before and it just works. I last bought one of these on 30th June.

I've made my purchase, gone into "My Account" and clicked where it says "Here is your product Key" - it pops up with "Copied"
However, when I paste this key into another web page or Note pad, it pastes as 14 Stars - ************
My initial thought was Chrome is doing something silly. So I fired up Edge, logged into my account and ran through the same process - exactly the same, when I paste the code it appears as stars.

My Key is not shown on the screen, my only option is to "download/copy" the key.
As I mentioned above, this worked on 30th June. I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks - allowed my Windows 11 to complete any updates, and now this is happening.

Any ideas what might be happening?
It feels browser related - but two browsers are doing the same. It then feels potentially retailer related - but I cannot find anyone else online having the same issue.
None of the Windows updates from the last few weeks might be doing something silly?

Man of Honour
Have you tried viewing the page source in your browser and seeing if the text version of the code is present?

Back
Top Bottom