Canon 80D replacement

Associate
As my kit is a little heavy I am going to get a replacement. I have been to a couple of shops to trade my kit in and the choice seems to be a Canon R10(new) + kit lens or Lumix G9 and some used lenses I am not sure what the best value would be My present lens are
Canon 24-105L
Canon 70-300L
Sigma 10-20
Canon 50 1.8
Kenko 1.4 extender

Associate
So, I asked Bing Chat what it thought and this is what it came up with.....

If you want to keep your current lenses and use them on a new camera, you have two options:

• You can buy another Canon DSLR camera with an APS-C sensor, such as the Canon 90D or the Canon 7D Mark II. These cameras will have similar or better performance than the Canon 80D, and you can use your lenses without any change in focal length or image quality. However, you will not get the benefits of a full-frame sensor, such as better low-light performance, wider dynamic range, and shallower depth of field.
  • You can buy a Canon mirrorless camera with an EF-M mount, such as the Canon M6 Mark II or the Canon M50 Mark II. These cameras also have an APS-C sensor, but they are smaller and lighter than DSLR cameras. You will need to use an adapter to mount your lenses on these cameras, but you will not lose any functionality or image quality. You will also have access to a range of native EF-M lenses, which are designed for mirrorless cameras and are more compact and versatile.
If you want to upgrade to a full-frame camera, you have three options:

• You can buy a Canon DSLR camera with a full-frame sensor, such as the Canon 6D Mark II or the Canon 5D Mark IV. These cameras will have better image quality and performance than the Canon 80D, and you can use your lenses with an adapter. However, you will need to consider the crop factor and how it affects your focal length and field of view. For example, a 50mm lens on the Canon 80D will have a narrower field of view than a 50mm lens on a full-frame camera. You may need to buy new lenses to match your shooting style and preferences. You will also have a larger and heavier camera body than an APS-C camera.
  • You can buy a Canon mirrorless camera with an RF mount, such as the Canon R6 or the Canon R5. These cameras are the latest and most advanced models from Canon, and they have many features and capabilities that surpass the Canon 80D. You can use your lenses with an adapter, but you will also face the same issues with the crop factor as with a full-frame DSLR. You will also have access to a range of native RF lenses, which are designed for mirrorless cameras and offer superior optical quality and performance. However, these cameras and lenses are more expensive than the other options, and you may need to invest more in your gear.

Back
Top Bottom