• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cant change res to 1080p

Associate
Hello there, got my system, complete dream i might add.
However, on my resolution settings its 800x600 and i cannot change it. My TV is a 42" Samsung and is HD.
If it helps im using a HDMI cable, surely, this isn't the max res i can get on such a nice TV! :confused:

I have a Prt screen of the issue, but im unsure how to insert it in this post. Forgive the noob! :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
I don't know the specific model. But it played the xbox360 on 1080p. As for drivers, i believe they are all updated, received this from OCUK today and on the paper it said all drivers updated.

One

One

Soldato
What is your method of connection to the TV?

Says HDMI in the OP

I don't know the specific model. But it played the xbox360 on 1080p. As for drivers, i believe they are all updated, received this from OCUK today and on the paper it said all drivers updated.

The TV will probably have written on it what model it is, possibly even on the front, have a quick peep.

The problem could be with the TV. Some of them just aren't happy with a PC signal. My TV for example is fine with DVI or RGB but it throws a hissy fit if i connect it via HDMI. Also some TVs can be 1080p but not display PC as 1080p. It's worth finding out from the specs what your TV says it can do but for that we need the model.

One

One

Soldato
It's not specific model number or anything like that, just what we would need to know if we wanted to buy the TV in a shop.

One

One

Soldato
After finding that go to the start button and do a search for 'dxdiag', it should find dxdiag.exe, when that loads up go to the 'Display 1' tab or something similar and on the right hand side you should see the date of your drivers and version number, you can tell us those too :)

Associate
OP
Looked more into my res setting, and the only option available is called ' Generic PnP monitor on standard VGA graphics adaptor'

Does this mean anything?

Running @ 800x600 true colour 32bit default refresh

One

One

Soldato
Yeah, sounds like your PC doesn't know it can output at a higher res. Trying clicking 'detect' and see if it can work it out.

Caporegime
Open Device Manager and then open Display Adapters.

What does it say your display adapter is and if you right click on it and select Properties what driver does it say it's using?

Associate
OP
Open Device Manager and then open Display Adapters.

What does it say your display adapter is and if you right click on it and select Properties what driver does it say it's using?

Thats the current version im on.

And apparently, im on the latest version. Im beginning to thinks its due to be using onboard instead of a dedicated gpu.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom