• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can't decide between these 2 x1950 xt's

Associate
PowerColor ATI Radeon X1950 XT Extreme SILENT Heatpipe 256MB

Or

HIS ATI Radeon X1950 XT ICEQ 3 TURBO SILENT Heatpipe 256MB

Which is better?

Also how do they compare to the MSI 7900GTO 512Mb?

Associate
HIS!

I have one and i cannot fault it - extremely quiet, even when overclocked.

My 3DMark06 score with the rig in my signature is 6972 which fairs better than the 7800's.

Associate
the power color one exhausts the same as the HIS, The powercolor extreme has an arctic cooler on it so I guess they are both pretty much the same in terms of cooling and noise.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Darkusmanus said:
the power color one exhausts the same as the HIS, The powercolor extreme has an arctic cooler on it so I guess they are both pretty much the same in terms of cooling and noise.

But doesn't the Accelero in the Powercolor card exhaust the hot air within the case whereas the HIS one exhuasts it out?

Associate
the Accelero fires the air at the mobo, whereas the IceQ3 fires it out the back. The Accelero is also a LOT taller than the !ceQ3, so some thin cases might have problems fitting it.

the HIS is a beautiful cooler, attractive, functional, quiet and efficient. When the fan ramps up to full you CAN hear it, but only if the rest of your system is pretty quiet! It also looks damm cool with UV reactive paint.

Let me put it this way..... when i opened my box with my X1950Pro IceQ3 in..... i realised that i had never seen a more sleek and sexy looking piece of hardware before!

It keeps my Pro at 50C or so..... and that's after running F@H graphical client for a day.

Back
Top Bottom