Can't get drive to assign letter - Formatting does not resolve

Associate
I'm having some trouble assigning a drive letter to one of my 2TB drives. It was removed from a NAS (Netgear Stora), formatted to NTFS, and that's where I hit a wall.

Now there was two drives taken from the NAS, both identicle. One of them works fine and has been filled to capacity, but the second is refusing to cooperate. In disk management the drive is listed as formatted, but with no drive letter, when I attempt to assign one I get a message reading:

Code:
The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-to-date. 
Refresh the view by using the refresh task. If the problem persists close the Disk Management console, 
then restart Disk management or restart the computer.
Rebooting does not solve the issue, nor does deleting and recreating the partition.
Any info on what to do next is greatly appreciated

Associate
OP
Thanks for replies. I saw a solution to a different problem related to formatting drives and decided to give it a try. Simply going under device manager and uninstalling the drive and reinstalling worked like a charm. Must have been a corrupted driver or something.

Back
Top Bottom