Can't get iPhone 3G out of recovery

Soldato
Hi,

I got my little sister and iPhone 3G for xmas. The USB cable "fell out" of her laptop when updating the firmware and the phone went in to recovery. Now I can't get it out, I press restore in itunes and it runs the cycle but falls back in to recovery again. Error 1015 pops up when the restore's finished.

Anyone help, we don't want tears on xmas day!

Thanks

Associate
Hold power/home together. After 8 seconds, take your finger off power and keep holding home. If you have done it correctly, the iPhone will appear in iTunes but the screen will be off.

Then do a restore.

Associate
Either Recboot or TinyUmbrella can kick it out of recovery. Error 1015 means the firmware has been installed but didn't pass iTunes verification.

Soldato
OP
Either Recboot or TinyUmbrella can kick it out of recovery. Error 1015 means the firmware has been installed but didn't pass iTunes verification.

Ok, I'll give this a try tomorrow. Couldn't get it to work using the other methods. Would the apple shop not help me as it didn't pass verification?

Associate
Did you try Recboot?

Other than that, there is a program called "iPhoDroid" which is meant to install Android on your iPhone, but it also has an "exit recovery mode" button which has worked for me every single time.

Soldato
When mine got stuck in recovery mode I hooked it up to another computer that had iTunes and it wiped/restored the phone (good thing I'd just done a backup/sync before). Then I went back to my own comp and it worked.

Back
Top Bottom