Can't get Vista Flip 3D to work..?

Soldato
Just installed Vista Home Premium 64 but I cannot get Flip 3D to work. When I hold Alt + TAB or click the 'switch between windows' button I get the old icons in a box as with older operating systems.

System is capable:
C2D E6600
X1950 Pro
2GB RAM

Any ideas?

Just tried that too, the open apps shown in the task bar are highlighted each time I press TAB while holding the Windows key but that's all - no pretty 3D flip wheely thingy bob. Hmmm. Something's not right 'ere.. <sighs>

have you installed the ati drivers yet?

also right click > personalise > windows color and apperance > open classic appearence >

Is windows aero your selected theme?

Last edited:
gizmoy2k said:
have you installed the ati drivers yet?

also right click > personalise > windows color and apperance > open classic appearence >

Is windows aero your selected theme?
Eureka! That's the fella.
Right click > Personalize > windows color and apperance (which took me right to the list) then selected 'Windows Aero' under colour scheme.
Works now :)

Cheers!

gizmoy2k said:
happy to help,

some around here would have formatted and went back to XP for less :p
Little odd it's not the 'out-of-the-box' default though (once hardware's been determined of course). Plus Help and Support didn't suggest this anywhere I had looked!

May as well be cheeky and ask you about games as you're running 64 too.
Are CS:S and BF2 okay to run? Any patches required first?

Once again, thanks!

So far i have no problems with steam games , Dont play battlefield.
Company of Heroes and Supreme Commander are fine too.

I should mention they do run but most at 60FPS, think its a v-sync driver issue

Planning on trying Fifa and PES tomorrow

Another edit

Aero should be on out of the box but sometimes you will get warning that it has been turned off if a program you run cant be delt with correctly, you always get a warning though, I had this twice but i cant remember which prog caused it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom