cant install intel graphics driver.....

Soldato
i was having issues getting good res between a 1080p tv & a 19/20" 1280x1024 monitor with my gtx 750(tv connected via hdmi, monitor with vga rather than dvi option) and so i thought id plug the monitor in to the onboard as ive had no real issues before, but i discovered after all this time since putting win 7 on few weeks ago my hd 4400 are not installed....

the disc that came with my motherboard suggests ive installed the chipset driver after i install it, but shows nothing after completion, ive gone on to intel and downloaded what i thought was the driver, turns out the latest one isnt for win 7 Operating system due to end of support, it installed, as such but came up with the error of not meeting the requirements, so i just tried to install the latest 15.36 as its the last supported one, yet i still get the error of not meeting the requirements?? so i havent tried any more with it.

all windows update is coming up with is for skype which i dont have and thats the 2nd check today, am i missing something here(no pun intended) or has the installation of win 7 messed up? id rather not reinstall and from what i see, theres nothing in device manager to allow me an attempt at driver update.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
thanks for reply, i know it was 15.36, dont remember the last digits, but its the last driver supported for 4th gen on windows 7.

yeah i thought that to, but when i swapped my parts to my new case and had to install windows 7 due to 8.1 issues i went through all available updates, but i ran straight from the gpu, so if i did do the driver updates then either its disappeared from sight or some how been removed? never had issues before, my motherboard is spot on so no issues with hardware, its just simply no intel graphics are shown on the system.

oh the message was just a pop up saying about not meeting the requirements, didnt go in to any specific detail, i did have an error message pop up the 1st or 2nd time i tried to install the drivers which said something about cant install dx9, i didnt memories the whole thing, but i think its just that typical Dx fail message you get even from games.

edit: oh and i had installed the utility and no products were detected, so no drivers available.

edit again: i cant install a driver from 2015 for the same thing, so it would appear this had become a gpu only board untill i find out what happened to the chipset,

edit again lol, but last one: as i still have my motherboard support cd in the disc drive i am installing asus InstAll and doing it through the recommended option and see where that gets me.

Last edited:
Soldato
ok ;)- if there is no chipset driver it thinks it is a vanilla x86 chip which does not have an igp - so chipset driver maybe the key .. direct from the chipset vendor or asus

Soldato
OP
Thanks for reply.

Ironically I checked the bios not long ago, for some reason it was set to gpu only? Does settings not save when you move parts about as I never have gpu only not when the board has both options, it didn't work at first however, but it is now, so I don't know if installing everything off my disc has helped or that it's been detected, though having issues with windows update for driver that's dates at 2015?? Screen seems okay though.

Soldato
If it's being picked up now then it's good.

Windows 7 is a bit pants finding the latest drivers, I would highly recommend going to the Intel site and grabbing the latest IGP drivers off there.

Back
Top Bottom