Can't pass POST - CPU & DRAM light stay on - Any advice before ASRock RMA? CMOS battery? [AM5]

Associate
Hello, please help/advise,

Self-built PC which has booted previously just fine. Now can't POST. LEDs and fans power up. Power indicator lights blink.
[Motherboard] = ASRock PG Riptide (AM5) - POST status check lights stay illuminated for "DRAM" AND "CPU".

Cannot get to BIOS.

[Things I have tried]
Removed dGPU but even on integrated no display.
Pulled out all perephierals and tried both RAM sticks individually/switched.
(+EDIT) Cleared CMOS by shorting the Clear CMOS pins. PC is normally fully powered off and sometimes this kind of boot would be an intermittant fault, requiring a few restarts to turn on, might this explain anything???

[7600 cpu], is it worth thermal re-pasting? Something else worth trying before sending back to ASRock (<1year since purchase)?

Appreciate any advice, thank you

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply ED209.

(+edit)
RAM = G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo
CPU is stock Wraith(?) AMD cooler for Ryzen 7600

Its been working for months and months BUT recently at times these same symptoms would appear intermittantly (and normally resolve after a couple of power cycles (pressing the reset button or holding power button down and booting on again). I realise now that it haas never been a monitor/display/GPU problem.

I will try your above again. Ordering in some thermal paste so may be a few days. Cant think of anything Ive done to bend pins but will try all . Thank you, stand by :)

Last edited:
Sorry to spam posts (can't seem to edit).

Now I have re-pasted and installed third party CPU cooler. Now even worse/less happening.

RAM sticks are RGB and now no longer light up AND power button now does nothing ; no power light , no fans spinning up.

Just as soon as PC receives power from wall the motherboard LEDs light up along with the POST lights for CPU and DRAM.

So... CPU and/or RAM. Both of which I bought in Canada <1 year ago. Live in the UK. Could RMA them and get shipped to a friend in Canada who is due a visit. Feel silly now thinking CPU and RAM rarely fail. I suppose it could be PSU failing slowly

This might be the problem, can you share whole system specs, including a GPU if you run a dedicated one
7600 (AM5)
ASRock PG Riptide B650M
GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000 2x8gb
Corsair TX550M (Gold?)

Normally running nVidia 3060Ti since problem started I have tried to boot on integrated graphics.

PC sits in one of those cabinets under the desk. If the door is closed PC will freeze (happened a handful of times mindlessly) as obviously there is no cooler air. I have given my chip an iso rub with a toothbrush as due to the design of the chip I was wondering whether the thermal paste from pre-applied stock cooler had ran on to the chip itself perhaps after an overheat.

Is it possible 3060 on peak power that my PSU has failed?

Appreciate any help, right now Im thinking is it my CPU? RAM? PSU? (then MOBO?)

Back
Top Bottom