Can't see hard drive contents from an apple laptop when placed in a Pc? taken out of a NAS drive!

Associate
hi,

trying to help a mate who's got an apple laptop with his NAS drives, but when i take out his drives and slave em to my pc i cant see the contents at and the drive won't show up in my computer only in computer management and only gives me an option to delete volume which i don't want to do or delete anything till i can see the contents to sort, is there anyway round this please anyone.

also, does Netgear nas use a pc program/app to have better view of it or spects/stats of the driives?

thanks very much for any help

Soldato
Netgear NAS? I suggest looking on Netgear's web site as I doubt many here will have much experience with them. But it's not clear whether you're talking about the HDDs from the NAS or the Mac. In either case they use totally different file systems to Windows so what you're seeing is correct.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
sorry yeah they came out of a nas drive that was connected to a apple laptop and i think he said apple auto setup up the drives file system etc, i know next to nothing about apple products :(

Back
Top Bottom