Can't send texts to my g/f on my cheap phone!

Associate
Dear Anyone.

OK, this is a weird one and the phone shops aren't helping.

My g/f and I have ultra-cheap phones because we can't afford anything else, they cost about £10 each from Argos! They can send texts, theoretically go on line (but not very well!) make calls, send texts, but that's about it.

When I try calling her, my calls go straight to her voicemail. I've tried calling her phone with her in the same room and her phone doesn't even ring and I get 'This is Tesco Voicemail...' straight off. I know she gets the voicemails because I've heard my voice on her phone when checking them - we're both very bad at understanding phones, please don't laugh/flame us, we're both disabled, k? But her phone doesn't actually ring.

If I try texting her, the texts never reach her phone. They hit the OUT box on my phone, it comes up saying 'SENT TO....' (it adds her name and I know it's the right number) but they never actually hit her phone. Again I've sent her texts with her in the room, we've checked the number, it's the same one I use when I phone her and always hit her voicemail, we know it's correct but the texts aren't getting through. She can text me, she just hadn't been because she thought I hadn't been texting her!

I'm on Vodafone, she's on Tesco Mobile. We've tried talking to both lots and they don't seem able to solve the problems - they just say 'you need more advanced phones'. I think that's them trying to sell us stuff - we can't afford more expensive phones and I'm sure there IS an answer but I don't know what it is.

If you answer, anybody, please don't use 'geekspeak', or laugh like other forums have, we'll do our best to understand you but I might have to ask 'stoopid' questions if I don't.

Yours hopefully

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom