Can't send texts to my g/f on my cheap phone!

Associate
Dear Anyone.

OK, this is a weird one and the phone shops aren't helping.

My g/f and I have ultra-cheap phones because we can't afford anything else, they cost about £10 each from Argos! They can send texts, theoretically go on line (but not very well!) make calls, send texts, but that's about it.

When I try calling her, my calls go straight to her voicemail. I've tried calling her phone with her in the same room and her phone doesn't even ring and I get 'This is Tesco Voicemail...' straight off. I know she gets the voicemails because I've heard my voice on her phone when checking them - we're both very bad at understanding phones, please don't laugh/flame us, we're both disabled, k? But her phone doesn't actually ring.

If I try texting her, the texts never reach her phone. They hit the OUT box on my phone, it comes up saying 'SENT TO....' (it adds her name and I know it's the right number) but they never actually hit her phone. Again I've sent her texts with her in the room, we've checked the number, it's the same one I use when I phone her and always hit her voicemail, we know it's correct but the texts aren't getting through. She can text me, she just hadn't been because she thought I hadn't been texting her!

I'm on Vodafone, she's on Tesco Mobile. We've tried talking to both lots and they don't seem able to solve the problems - they just say 'you need more advanced phones'. I think that's them trying to sell us stuff - we can't afford more expensive phones and I'm sure there IS an answer but I don't know what it is.

If you answer, anybody, please don't use 'geekspeak', or laugh like other forums have, we'll do our best to understand you but I might have to ask 'stoopid' questions if I don't.

Yours hopefully

Chris.

Soldato
A little more debugging can be done -

Can you call other people fine?
Can other people call your girlfriend fine?
Can you text other people without issue?
Can other people text your your girlfriend without issue?

I'm not saying I'll have an answer based on your answers, but you can perhaps narrow down where the issue is.

Soldato
Did either of you swap providers and use a pac code to keep number? Or get a sim swap to another sized SIM card whilst keeping the same number?

Back
Top Bottom