Cant update bios on Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme TRX40

Soldato
Hi, i have this mobo and i am trying to update its bios for the first time using the BIOS Flashback feature.

I have formated a usb stick to fat32 and added the correct .CAP file downloaded from https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-zenith/rog-zenith-ii-extreme-model/helpdesk_bios but whenever i put te usb stick in the bios usb connector slot at the back of my mobo and press and hold the bios button at the back for 3 seconds, the light from that button blinks for 3-4 seconds and then turns into a solid light.

according to the documentation, this means it is not operating properly as stated below:

If the light flashes for five seconds and turns into a solid light, this means that the BIOS FlashBack™ is not operating properly.

I followed this guide below

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568/

List of things i tried:

• Tried reformating usb sticks again
  • Tried two different usb sticks, one is 256gb and the other is 8gb sticks
  • Tried to update the bios to the oldest version: Version 1101 instead of Version 1502

Anything i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

PDW

PDW

Associate
the light from that button blinks for 3-4 seconds and then turns into a solid light
So the light does not blink 3 times and then turns solid ? [That would be expected working behaviour]

3-4 seconds is not 5 seconds but if the light is blinking more than 3 times in your 3-4 seconds then it's not right.

I'd suggest reformatting the 8Gb stick to FAT32 again and give that another go using a later BIOS version and doing all the things they say in the manual.

Associate
If you downloaded from Asus it would be a zip file,(I have just tried) you have to extract the file to the root of your USB stick and rename it.

Soldato
You need to extract the CAP file and extract the renamer tool also included in the download.

then use the biosrenamer tool ( its kinda automatic so easy to use, you just open it and it does its thing.

then check the extracted CAP file has been renamed and then move it to the USB.

Back
Top Bottom