Caprica

Caporegime
Pilot was ok. 2nd episode im watching it now, is a bit, well not so great that i decided to wander and trawl the forum.

I like the similarities to our earth but at the same time its too similar sometimes to be any more than some teen crap like buffy the vampire slayer.

I hope zoey cyclon has a lezbo scene with her mate - im that bored of it already.

i liek the Tauons capiche! and all the Trilby hats rofl

tbh this show could get axed at episode 3 and id think fair enough so thats how the cylons came about - and the freaky monotheistic cult... ah well

When is stargate universe back on ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I would say watch BSG first. Even though this is a prequel, I get the feeling it will spoil some of the revelations from BSG proper and not in a good way. I also get the impression, though I enjoyed the pilot, that BSG will be a better series overall, no matter what they do with this. So yes, get on with watching BSG asap!

Associate
So far its OK nothing great IMO, seriously lacking in action though.

WORST EVER intro credits though (BSG intro was awesome in contrast)

Associate
I agree the credits are completely naff.

However, I am loving the show. I don't get it, before it came out Ron Moore did say that it would be nothing more than a family drama set in the future. What are some of you guys expecting? For me it's one of the highlights of my tv week!

I didn't notice the Dell monitor or Ford Focus, but I'm also loving the mix of old style technology and new. You've got old cars that looks like they're from the 50's, cameras that look like they might have been used in 30s America, and a completely futuristic monorail transit system. I love the imagery.

Soldato
I agree the credits are completely naff.

However, I am loving the show. I don't get it, before it came out Ron Moore did say that it would be nothing more than a family drama set in the future. What are some of you guys expecting? For me it's one of the highlights of my tv week!

I didn't notice the Dell monitor or Ford Focus, but I'm also loving the mix of old style technology and new. You've got old cars that looks like they're from the 50's, cameras that look like they might have been used in 30s America, and a completely futuristic monorail transit system. I love the imagery.

I was expecting a well made program up to the standard of BSG, not a poor, boring serial like Coronation street.

Associate
OP
I was expecting it to be a bit slow going and as Xenocide said it was intended to be a family drama, however, it seemed to reveal most of the main plot details in the pilot and has now got itself bogged down in angst.

I do like the visual style of the show, the combination of 30s/40s clothing mixed with modern day technology is interesting, but the scripting itself does not seem to have the zing that some of BSG (particularly the early series) did.

American shows of late seem to be trying too hard to be 'serious', SGU is another one that seems to have lost all sense of adventure and just wants to concentrate on the human drama which all too often ends with none of the characters being particularly likeable.

I'm hoping both Caprica and SGU are just suffering from slow season 1 start syndrome, but I am a little concerned that both shows will just bury themselves with trying to create drama without actually having anything interesting to say.

Soldato
Yeah it's a bit too slow going and i wonder if it will ever get better at this rate, still i find it interesting enough to keep watching but for a scifi its somewhat lacking tbh, i find the family drama stuff boring now so i want to see some proper action going on, they need to start focusing mostly on AI Zoe and her plans, when is she going to do something more than just standing around observing or occasionally messing about in the virtual with her friend, start a cylon army already! :p

Bry

Bry

Associate
Must say I really liked the last episode.
The talk show had a nice unexpected twist but, what seriously made me love the episode was dancing zoebot, really really cool.

Soldato
I think it makes a refreshing difference to BSG. Some of the ideas are quite innovative-like the possible future interpretation of our internet within the next fifty years. series is the "thinking man's science fiction".

Soldato
Id like to know how they teleported a 60,s jag over to their planet, its even still got the cat figure on the front and i think it had a jag badge too. Its boring, but its fun to spot all the earth products the production crew couldnt be bothered disguising.

Back
Top Bottom