Car audio advice...

Soldato
Well I'm finally getting round to chaning all my speakers as a couple of mine are crackling and the noise has driven me over the edge!

I just need a bit of advice on the items I've chosen...

Kenwood 12" Shallow Mount Sub paired with a.. Kenwood KAC 8152D

With a couple components for the front.. Kenwood KFC PS1300P paired with either.. KAC 7203 2 channel amp OR KAC 8452 4 channel amp incase I wanted to power any rear speakers.

Just want to know if all of that is decent and will work well together. Is the 7203 ok for those speakers as their rated input is 45W and the amp is rated at 170W? All this wattage stuff confuses me..
Any advice is welcome! And yes, I do have a thing for Kenwood, have usually used their stuff in the past and have found it to be decent enough. :)

Cheers,
Andy

Soldato
You could do it with just the 4 channel amp. All you do is bridge one of the pairs of outputs and you end up with a 3 channel amp running 90w to the fronts and 180w to sub.
Looks to be some fairly decent kit IMO for the money and certainly will sound better than just about anything you will find as standard in a car. Amping the fronts alone yields such lovely results.
Dont forget to order some decent gauge wire to the amp locations.
Are you running them off RCA feeds from your headunit? You will also need a set or two of RCA cables.
Box for the sub?

Soldato
i wouldnt rate kenwood good for subs and amps equipment used them before, not all impressed, depends on how much you want to spend and how loud your going and quality, smaller speakers they maybe better im not sure

Soldato
OP
Bobbler said:
Dont forget to order some decent gauge wire to the amp locations.
Are you running them off RCA feeds from your headunit? You will also need a set or two of RCA cables.
Box for the sub?

What sort of gauge wire is decent? Thats another thing that confuses me.. I've got a decent headunit that has 3 RCA outputs so thats not a problem.

As for the sub box, I was going to do a stealth install in the side of the boot so I still keep most of my boot space for work purposes (thats kind of whats pushed me towards the shallow mount sub as well).. I'm probably going to get a proper place to do it for me as I can't be bothered to work out the volume needed etc and it will end up looking better than me bodging something together.

Back
Top Bottom