car battery charging level?

Underboss
OP
You won't be able to tell the charge level when driving as the alternator will be outputting 14v+ when the engine is running, it's the resting voltage you need to check to get an estimate on it's charge level and in the other thread the voltage was 12.1v even after being charged which indicates the battery is at approx 50% of capacity. Have you had the battery load tested ? I expect it would fail and be replaced under warranty.

What car do you have ? If it's a Ford some need a silver calcium of battery for the smart charging system if a normal battery is put in it can damage and shorten the life of the battery.

Do you have a particular reason why parking mode on the dashcam is so important ? You could run the dashcam off a large USB battery pack and have that charge when the car is running.

Thanks Dave !

It is very important for me to have parking mode on my dashcam, because we are in dispute with our next door neighbor for the past 10 years, so i need it incase he damages the car with his Van etc (thats the main reason) 2nd reason, my car is parked in a public parking area (supermarket) and ive had problems with previous cars denting and scratches my cars etc
also had my number plate nicked last year whilst at work, and i got evidence for the bloke who took it and the car he drives around in

I actually bought a proper battery backup for my dashcam, but its not installed as of yet

i took the car to the shop where i bought the battery and they tried testing it , a dashcam was hardwired in , and they were enable to test it because theres a loop or something?

Back
Top Bottom