Car bike carrier?

Soldato
Is there a good bike carrier that comes recommended around here?

Ideally I'd like it to hold a minimum of two bikes. Although this isn't essential. I'm not keen on the ones on the roof, I'd prefer it to be at the back of the back.

What sort of cash should I be prepared to spend to ensure the bike doesn't fly off at 70MPH?

Cheers.

Soldato
I've got a Saris Bones 3 that I got off eBay.

I've tanked it all the way to the south of France and back on multiple occasions at substantially more than 70mph with no issues at all.

The small print on all these things though says don't go over 60.

Caporegime
[DOD]Asprilla;23178053 said:
I've got a Saris Bones 3 that I got off eBay.

I've tanked it all the way to the south of France and back on multiple occasions at substantially more than 70mph with no issues at all.

The small print on all these things though says don't go over 60.

How is it with paint work? I need one, but don't want to damage my poor clio.

Can't use one on a clio, roof bars it is! £200+ ouch.

Though it seems safer to go on the roof.

OP - www.roofracks.co.uk

Last edited:
Soldato
The downside of roofbars is when you forget the bikes are up top and you try to go under a car park height barrier...

Somebody did that driving in the car park for the Dyfi Enduro one year. Ow :(

Soldato
The downside of roofbars is when you forget the bikes are up top and you try to go under a car park height barrier...

Somebody did that driving in the car park for the Dyfi Enduro one year. Ow :(

Saw that happen when I was living in Whistler.

The Apartment block I was living in had parking spaces outside that had like a concrete overhang, built from the road above it (as it was on a hill).

A group turned up for a holiday with their expensive downhill bikes mounted on the top of the vehicle. Somehow they seemed to totally forget what they were doing and.... C*R*U*N*C*H they drove straight into the parking space and damaged all the frames, trip ruined!

Back
Top Bottom