Car crushes. Cars you really wanted but it was never meant to be.

Soldato
Would love a UK spec MK5 twin turbo Supra, But now would hate the cost of running it, and having only on road parking.

Plus something i see every day, yet can't afford right now is the Alfa 159 TI saloon, Nothing amazing or ground breaking, but i love the style of it, one day i will own one.

Soldato
3000GT for me. After seeing one getting spanked from a junction when they were new. I just had to have one.

When i got to the point of being able to afford one they were a bit Meh.
At the time though I suppose they were the GTR equivalent. Cant afford one of them yet though. Suppose when I can they'll be bit Meh too

Soldato
Honda CRX vtec
14HR03%5B01%5D.jpg

By time i could afford one RUSK killed 90% of them.

I've had 4 Crx's 2 red, one white (turbo'd) and a celestial blue VT. All the proper shape none of those delsol rubbish

I have a mate with a 450bhp integra B18. I keep thinking about buying it off him and getting another Rex VT for an engine swap.:D

Associate
Mitsi GTO....bought it....Dad drove it home.....engine blew up....never got to drive it at all...ended up breaking it.

At 22 years old that was and the insurance was £2k

Then it was the Celica....never happened....

Now its the Jag XF.....hoping this becomes a reality within the year but our first born is due any day now so may have to wait again lol

Soldato
R34 GTR Nur Spec in Millennium Jade with Rays TE37 Bronze alloys, specifically the one in the pic below which was owned by someone I knew called Tim Webster.

However, even stock R34's are now silly money for a 20 year old car, regardless of how much Building Candy's pic make me drool :D Plus I need a "family" car now which the GTR definitely isn't.

The closest I got was a R34 GTT, the less aggressive RWD version with a smaller single turbo RB25 engine which I ripped out and replaced with the full fat RB26 from a GTR.

r34.jpg

Associate
R34 GTR Nur Spec in Millennium Jade with Rays TE37 Bronze alloys, specifically the one in the pic below which was owned by someone I knew called Tim Webster.

However, even stock R34's are now silly money for a 20 year old car, regardless of how much Building Candy's pic make me drool :D Plus I need a "family" car now which the GTR definitely isn't.

The closest I got was a R34 GTT, the less aggressive RWD version with a smaller single turbo RB25 engine which I ripped out and replaced with the full fat RB26 from a GTR.

r34.jpg

Nice example that.....

...now my crushes are or my options shortly (well im working towards are)....

BMW 3 Series....perhaps Alpina D3 to be different, Audi A5 or A4 Saloon or my prefence Jag XF.
Lets hope i get to achieve these options haha

Soldato
Usually the cars we've hired on holiday in the USA, in particular (going back a few years) the Chevrolet Corsica which we had several times including once the V6 engine model. Just seemed so much more advanced and comfortable than anything British, especially the dark red/maroon seats and trim, cruise, air and of course auto.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corsica

But reality bit every time, the logistics of importing then maintaining an American car plus the steering wheel on the wrong side just made it impractical. And while I occasionally cast an eye over Chevrolets at the local dealer I have to remind myself these are rebadged Daewoos, not the genuine US models.

tnx

tnx

Associate
My fav cars are 4 door saloons but being a poor man all I could afford was Omega MV6's.

I don't have big dreams of owning a Masarati Quattroporte or owt like that but if I could afford one I would go for a Jag S Type R.

I do like the sound of a V8....

Man of Honour
Late 70's Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Lotus Carlton
Porsche 356 Coupe
Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evo II
1971 Mercedes 280SE 3.5 Cabrio *in right hand drive - Only 68 were built between 1970 and 1971. I know where one is and they're not selling even though it's rusting away. :( Fully restored... worth well over £350k*

And finally... RX8 with supercharged triple rotor conversion, major diet (carbon bodywork, fewer seats) and a few other toys - That's the plan anyway. ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour

r34.jpg

Prefer the R35 now but first time I saw one of those R34s I was quite taken with it just something about the looks. I'll probably end up buying an R35 down the line though so its not entirely a not meant to be thing.

Back
Top Bottom