car got broken into

Soldato
:mad:

Do you guys have any idea where I can get my passenger seat window fixed. Called auto glass 24hr serivice but had to hang up after waiting 40min for someone to answer and had to listen to marketing snot the whole time.

I'm in North London.

or any other 24hr service will do.

Soldato
OP
Thanks, got through to them finally and they were quite pleasant and helpful, despite the fact that the PC systems was down. Expecting a call within the hour.

Soldato
regulus said:
Thanks, got through to them finally and they were quite pleasant and helpful, despite the fact that the PC systems was down. Expecting a call within the hour.

IIRC you get a 35% discount for being an AA member, or 15% for being RAC at autoglass......

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I'm a member of RAC and only had to pay £45 excess just now. Also just noticed that I got keyed as well. Two nasty scratches at passenger side. Would take photos but too dark now.

Soldato
there really is some sum about :mad: Just taking my gf home and a car window was smashed on my road, told him and he's rung the police..like they will do anything.

Did you have an alarm?

Soldato
I keep my 24" breaker bar by the side of my bed.

I'm quite a light sleeper (not to mention the car is parked directly outside my bedroom) so the slightest noise and it wakes me up.

The last (and first) time my car alarm went off (chaffed wire, doh) I jumped out of bed and ran to my window. Wouldn't take me long to get out the front door... in my boxers or not :o :D

regulus, sorry to hear about the break-in. Did they take anything?

Soldato
OP
No, but I'm googling around just now to find one. The guy from Autoglass just came round and he says that it happens about 10-12 times per day on his shift in the North London area alone...and they're 3 guys doing North London. Apparently whoever did it struck it with a massive blow. They didn't even take my frontloader. Just £4 in coins, keyed the door twice and teared off my parking permit.

Soldato
What car is it? I've got the standard Rover alarm/immob (relocated horns) and a cheap third party alarm/immob on my car.

Fitted the aftermarket alarm myself (which was an absolute doddle) and for a thief to get it started, they'd have a fair bit of work on their hands...

Although if you can afford it, I'd get a Toad or something decent with 3 stage immobilisation and battery powered siren.

Soldato
OP
agw_01 said:
What car is it? I've got the standard Rover alarm/immob (relocated horns) and a cheap third party alarm/immob on my car.

Fitted the aftermarket alarm myself (which was an absolute doddle) and for a thief to get it started, they'd have a fair bit of work on their hands...

Although if you can afford it, I'd get a Toad or something decent with 3 stage immobilisation and battery powered siren.

It's a new model Renault Clio. I might shoot down to Halfords tomorrow and get something fitted. Doesn't look to expense. I can part with about 300-400.

Back
Top Bottom