Car Hire Insurance with Sixt

Soldato
I've just booked a hire car and in my stupidity i didn't read the terms and it seems that Sixt don't even include basic car hire other than Third Party.

I've tried looking for insurance online but seems as though i an only see Car Hire Excess insurance and not regular insurance.

I presume people here have booked using Sixt before. What do you do? Other than pay Sixt their addition fees?

Associate
Sixt don't even disclose their excess online when booking or let you call the branch directly. - Have you already prepaid the initial rental cost?

Try Enterprise - they normally come out cheapest from all the bigger rental companies and are pretty transparent as far as rental companies go. I've rented from them 40+ times and had no issues and they don't try and oversell 'add-ons'.

Man of Honour
Sixt do not charge much for the basic CDW with high excess - about 3 quid a day. So you could use that with your car hire excess insurance picking up the rest.

Do it online because it will be more expensive at the counter.

Soldato
OP
Sixt don't even disclose their excess online when booking or let you call the branch directly. - Have you already prepaid the initial rental cost?

Yeah already paid the initial cost.

As Fox says, their basic CDW seems reasonable. I've emailed them to try and add it on as it doesn't seem to be something i can do retrospectively online. Will definitely learn from this!

Soldato
OP
The problem with going direct!

Annoyingly I get stuck in a loop when trying to add on the CDW extra. It seems to try and create a new booking rather than amend the existing one. Then tells me to amend mine but then at the end it just tries to create a new booking.

Have been exchanging emails with someone who it an absolute moron and keeps telling me it’s a 19EUR per day charge for the insurance. When I question why it’s only 2.12 only he starts asking me other questions!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom