Car insurance - second car

jbs

jbs

Associate
My renewal for my current car is due in May. I have a 8 year no claim bonus and current car is 10 years old, so not worth that much (£3k). I am buying a new car which I will only get in August. If I do renew or take out a new policy on current car using my ncb then depending on insurance companies there is a chance I cannot use it on the new car when I want to insure that, as generally it can only be used on one car.

I will check this with Insurance companies when I try to renew, but want to hear if there is any general advice in this situation.

jbs

jbs

Associate
OP
Erm, you should be able to use your no claims on any car

You can use it on any car, problem is generally speaking you cannot use it for two cars at the same time (I have heard of people that have managed this). Maybe I wasn't clear in the original post, but I am keeping the old car and will therefore have two cars to insure.

Soldato
Some insurers will mirror it across and provided you don't have a claim, you then end up with 2 separate sets of no claims that means you can go anywhere the next year.

Swift did that for me last year with my 7 years NCD, now I have two separate sets of 8 years.

Associate
1 at a time I think - not sure on the companies that do "multi-car" policies though might be cheaper than 2 separate policies?

Back
Top Bottom