Car keyed: Options?

Soldato
Hey guys,
My car was keyed last night on the rear quarter panel (photo below), it is deep and beyond a wet sand and polish in some areas. The car is not worth a great deal but I would like to get it repaired, what would be the best way to balance cost and a decent repair? I imagine a smart repair would be cheaper but will it be good?

Any advice, price guesstimates etc are welcomed.

Thanks!

Ckn2UHy.jpg

Associate
Company called Chips Away a friend used and paid instead of going through his insurance.
The job down in under an hr and for less that £100.

You could if your UK based try Halfords and see what they come up with, think they do a pen kit that might work.
Good luck.

Soldato
OP
Company called Chips Away a friend used and paid instead of going through his insurance.
The job down in under an hr and for less that £100.

You could if your UK based try Halfords and see what they come up with, think they do a pen kit that might work.
Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. I think I will get a quote from Chips Away and see what they say.

Soldato
This seems to be getting more and more common. Scumbags must be breeding faster than they used to.

I'm quite temped to wrap my side panels in that super tough 3M stuff :)

Soldato
OP
Well my friend has sent me a CCTV clip from someone who lives opposite from him and to my absolute amazement my car was vandalised by his next door neighbour, an old woman in her 60's or something. :eek::confused:

I am astounded by this but not sure where to go from here, do I confront the old bat about this or go straight to the police? I fear the police won't be to helpful with a matter like this.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Soldato
see I see it more and more often, people you would not expect doing that?

one guy from z4 forums caught an old woman keying his car while parked at friends?

I think there's some hate going towards people parking in front of their house I guess? I honestly have no idea.

Soldato
OP
I was parked outside her house perfectly legally, not blocking a drive or anything like that.
If it was an issue for her and she politely requested I move it I would have done so. Just baffling.

Soldato
I was parked outside her house perfectly legally, not blocking a drive or anything like that.
If it was an issue for her and she politely requested I move it I would have done so. Just baffling.

there's no excuse really to do anything like this to someones car be it cheap or expensive.

parked legally or not the fact that she went through trouble of doing this is crazy..

must be mentally challenged or something?

Man of Honour

Some people get very funny about people parking in "their" spot

OI9EmjK.png

Soldato
OP
I agree 100% with you Grudas, it is not the actions of a rational person.

It is very annoying as I recently spent a lot of time and money on the car and it is very disheartening when this happens. :(

@Rroff I would not be surprised if she put my car on its side if I park there again!

Soldato
Well my friend has sent me a CCTV clip from someone who lives opposite from him and to my absolute amazement my car was vandalised by his next door neighbour, an old woman in her 60's or something. :eek::confused:

I am astounded by this but not sure where to go from here, do I confront the old bat about this or go straight to the police? I fear the police won't be to helpful with a matter like this.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Youtube it for sure, it's the 21st century version of public humiliation. Wait a few days for the comments to get really toxic then take a screencap of the video, make a card from moonpig from it and post it to her with the link inside. I wouldn't insist that she paid twice the cost of repairs before you removed the video as that would be blackmail. I wouldn't do that at all. Nope.

Man of Honour
Youtube it for sure, it's the 21st century version of public humiliation. Wait a few days for the comments to get really toxic then take a screencap of the video, make a card from moonpig from it and post it to her with the link inside. I wouldn't insist that she paid twice the cost of repairs before you removed the video as that would be blackmail. I wouldn't do that at all. Nope.

Give it a few days then take it to the local gutter press if the aim is public humiliation - they seem to love this stuff especially if there is a "viral" video involved.

Back
Top Bottom