Car Modifications

Associate
As said you are going to gain little to nothing from fitting an induction kit and backbox, so ideally you want best bang for buck when it comes to making it sound a little fruitier.

The standard Airbox is what is keeping the induction noise from currently escaping. If you take the lid off the bottom of the Airbox you can see how it holds the filter in. I have seen on 306gti6.com that some people have drilled holes around the outside of the area where the filter sits on the lid. These holes allow the BWARRRRRP noise to escape so yuo can hear your induction noise :D That may well be enough for you. I loved the sound of my gti6 with just the induction noise :cool:

Try it and see as that one is free and you will have to declare nothing as you have altered nothing. You could also fit a K&N Panel filter then into the airbox which is a direct replacement for the standard one and you still have to use the lid of the airbox.

What I have done is brought a K&N induction kit and have managed to locate the K&N filter inside my standard airbox which I run without the lid on at all. This eliminates the heat soak problem that can occur on 306's fitted with an induction kit as stated in the instructions with the K&N kit. Sounds lovely :D

I have now also got a full Blueflame system on it, but only cos the original fell off and I wanted a decent stainless system that would last as long as I have the car, and I cannot complain at the quality of the Blueflame one at all.

Still think yu should just try drilling holes in your airbox lid to start with as I'm sure that will give you the kind of BWARRRRRP noise you are after.

Back
Top Bottom