Car Park flaw

Soldato
OK ... most multi storey car parks you take a ticket when you enter, then stick it in a machine before returning to the car to pay.

In car parks that don't have the weight sensor by the entrance, you can just walk up to the ticket machine at the vehicle entrance before returning to your car and get a new ticket. Then use that brand new ticket to exit... for free.

Those that do have the pressure sensors in the tarmac (very few in Southampton), you can get a friend to drive up and get it to release a new ticket, then have the friend simply reverse right back out and hand said new ticket with nothing to pay... and exit... for free

I have tried this out, whilst having my validated official ticket to hand in case anyone questioned me, that way I don't think I was breaking the law.

Do the companies know about this? Seems a bit poor to have such a big drawback to their system.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Other measure metal think thats how some traffic lights and traffic monitoring on the motorways work, you can usually see the cross shapped patten on the floor they measure current change as the car drives / stops over it.

Associate
Firestar_3x said:
Other measure metal think thats how some traffic lights and traffic monitoring on the motorways work, you can usually see the cross shapped patten on the floor they measure current change as the car drives / stops over it.

Hall probes/sensors ;)

Permabanned
Well we all went in 2 cars, and didn't have enough money to pay for both tickets. The price was different to what we thought it would be.

We paid for one ticket, and I went around and drove in again, getting a ticket. Then reversing back and getting another ticket before driving in.

Went into the carpark, gave the 2nd ticket to Tom who was driving his car and I drove out. Got to the barrier, and the barrier was talking to me. It didnt sound very happy and was shouting. I put my ticket in and sped off.

Tom ended up having to pay for the original ticket, I don't know how. Because I think the machine swallowed the 2nd ticket I had got.

Thats how I remember it anyway, it was a while ago. Ripz correct me If im wrong. Im awful at telling stories, and it seemed a lot funnier than that in my memory. Sorry for the poor story.

Associate
Oblivious said:
Well we all went in 2 cars, and didn't have enough money to pay for both tickets. The price was different to what we thought it would be.

We paid for one ticket, and I went around and drove in again, getting a ticket. Then reversing back and getting another ticket before driving in.

Went into the carpark, gave the 2nd ticket to Tom who was driving his car and I drove out. Got to the barrier, and the barrier was talking to me. It didnt sound very happy and was shouting. I put my ticket in and sped off.

Tom ended up having to pay for the original ticket, I don't know how. Because I think the machine swallowed the 2nd ticket I had got.

Thats how I remember it anyway, it was a while ago. Ripz correct me If im wrong. Im awful at telling stories, and it seemed a lot funnier than that in my memory. Sorry for the poor story.

Sounds right to me, the lovely blackstar helped pay for the second ticket iirc :)

Soldato
If you drive the proberbial M reg mondeo with the dented front wing... then just follow the car in front out :p of course if you have a nice car then probably not a good idea, because I'm not sure if they can tell whether or not there is car passing under it to inhibit shutting :confused:

(or get a mate to hold it up I guess)

Soldato
I dropped someone off at the airport the other week. There is a carpark there that gives you ten minutes free then, its £1.40 for the first hour.

11 minutes later I arrive back at the barrier were it demands £1.40 and ive got no change, so I just followed the next car out under the barrier.

Next day a traffic officer comes to my door (didn't answer), and again the next day. :eek: One part of me says, surely they wouldnt waste there time over £1.40, but I cant think of any other reason.

TDF.

Soldato
OP
TheDogFather said:
I dropped someone off at the airport the other week. There is a carpark there that gives you ten minutes free then, its £1.40 for the first hour.

11 minutes later I arrive back at the barrier were it demands £1.40 and ive got no change, so I just followed the next car out under the barrier.

Next day a traffic officer comes to my door (didn't answer), and again the next day. :eek: One part of me says, surely they wouldnt waste there time over £1.40, but I cant think of any other reason.

TDF.

But they wouldn't KNOW you had only been there 11 minutes... Therefore they probably assumed you had been parked there for your whole holiday!

Back
Top Bottom