Car Reg not recognised on websites

Soldato
There's a whole load of spare parts websites where they ask you for the car's registration number, type it in and they know the make, model etc of your car. Well my number plate doesn't work.

Except if I go to https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/?locale=en. Up it comes, tells me that my tax and MOT are up to date, vehicle details etc and that all matches the V5 document I recently received.

Could it be that this is because the car was only registered last month and the websites that use this data still need to update their databases? It's an old car (2007) that was previously on I.O.M. number plates.

Soldato
There's a whole load of spare parts websites where they ask you for the car's registration number, type it in and they know the make, model etc of your car. Well my number plate doesn't work.

Except if I go to https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/?locale=en. Up it comes, tells me that my tax and MOT are up to date, vehicle details etc and that all matches the V5 document I recently received.

Could it be that this is because the car was only registered last month and the websites that use this data still need to update their databases? It's an old car (2007) that was previously on I.O.M. number plates.

Yes :)
/thread :p
Was about 2 months before my brand new reg appeared on plate checkers.

Associate
When I bought my car, it had just had the personal reg removed by the personal owner and took a few months before the normal plate was recognised on Eurocarparts etc...

Soldato
The more annoying problem, I've found, is that the plate databases for online car insurance don't get updated, so you have to ring up some up to get quotes,
and potentially loose good deals, this is with an import.

but for car parts - just take the plate from a same model car on autotrader/ebay.

Back
Top Bottom