Car Youtubers and dangerous driving

Associate
I enjoy watch these YouTube channels and seeing the cars people have built. However the driving seems getting more and more dangerous, as people want to impress the audience. Channels like LiveLifeFast and Officially Gassed, I'm sure there are others but they seem to be the most popular.

They say they're on private roads or in another country and blur landmarks and instruments. But they are clearly very often clearly going flat out or even drifting in 500+hp cars, on public roads in the uk.

Is there anything the police can do? I know there has been a few instances where these guys have been in accidents, and I'm aware of one guy that got prosecuted (R8 on snake pass I think it was)

I love seeing the cars but dread to think whats going to happen to these guys, and possibly members of the public when it all goes wrong. It horrify's me to think what would happen if someone was running or cycling or on a horse, broken down etc in that spot after that bend!

Associate
OP
Hi OP,

Do you actually have any evidence that these youtuber's are on public roads? Landmarks can be recreated on private roads very easily. I am not sure what you are trying to say in your post exactly, but it is clear you are jealous of these young men and their nice cars.

No I don't have any evidence, but it's quite obvious. I drive a 320bhp mk5 Golf, which is fun and does everything I need, I own it 100%, and I enjoy it. Could I spend 40k buying and modifying a Golf R, yes if I wanted, but I don't? so no I'm not jealous.

These people clearly love their cars and they are impressive machines, so fair play to them for having a passion and wanting to show it off, just don't do it in a way that's putting other people at risk.

This one must have been filmed last spring or summer as they're not 2 meters apart :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2UEK_c6V4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom