carparts4less

Soldato
Anyone else having problems with them?

I ordered parts and paid extra for 48 hour delivery last week, aiming to get the parts fitted this weekend just gone. By Thursday, I hadn't received anything, so logged in and saw that although I have a tracking number, the parcel hadn't left them. I rang DHL to be told that they hadn't even picked up the parcel as it wasn't ready.

I rang carparts4less and was on hold for 35 minutes until someone answered. Their online chat also said I was 99 in the queue. Anyway, I asked what had happened and the woman was really apologetic and agreed to cancel the order as there was no way I was getting them before Saturday as planned. She tells me that I can pick up the parts from Eurocarparts (confirming to me that they are one and the same) and proceeds to place the order on Eurocarparts, promising me that she will sort the price so that I pay the same and that she would sort out the refund.

So I get to Eurocarparts and find out that the order is just reserved and not paid for, ok, no problem, just a hassle being £400 out of pocket.

Anyway, Tuesday of this week comes and I get the parts I ordered a week ago, so I try to get in touch with them again to ask why, but no joy. Over the course of this week, I have sent 11 e-mails and rung a number of times trying to get through, giving up after 30 minutes, but to no avail. I also raised a case through Paypal, but not even an acknowledgement.

All week, no refund, no apology, so in desperation, I rang and stuck it out in the queue forever before finally getting through to someone who had been in the job two days and had to keep referring to her colleague. She tells me that the order wasn't cancelled, even though I had an e-mail saying that it was and that it was showing as delivered. I advised that it was delivered despite being cancelled and that I no longer wanted it, so she wanted to arrange a collection before I could get my refund. She couldn't do this herself so has sent an e-mail to a colleague who apparently will do this tomorrow (On good Friday? Yeah whatever!!!!)

So thats my story, no communications from them and utterly terrible service. Have you similar issues with them? I won't be using them again.

Soldato
had similar issue -
I had a despatch note for cancelled parts, and after contacting them was told to reject delivery.
when I contact them now for online orders, I generally telephone local store, and they have answered phone much more quickly - call as they open too
Local store would be an hours return drive, so expensive.

post-edit agree their online search is rubbish - requesting reg plate so find its stuff, so search from google/oem#; but halfords site is bad too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahhh carparts4less are fantastic (but clearly clueless)!

A few months ago I ordered some polish/wax (Megs mirror bright stuff) and paid for 48 hour delivery. The box arrived 2 days later via DHL and contained Megs mirror bright detailing spray. So I called them and they told me they had sent the correct item and the image on their website was incorrect, so I could return it if I wished. I decided to keep it. During the conversation I told them that I couldn't search their website for other car detailing products (because their search engine is rubbish!) and they suggested I use product numbers instead.

Whilst randomly changing product numbers I came across the actual Megs mirror bright detailing spray, which said £15 - save 100%, now £0.00. So I thought I would take a punt, ordered 20 and paid £2.95 delivery as it wouldn't let me place an order for £0.00, not thinking for one moment that they would send me anything. Next day DHL turns up with 20 bottles of Megs mirror bright detailing spray (which I paid £2.95 for!). I told a friend the product code, he ordered 4 bottles of the same for £2.95 (delivery) and he received Megs mirror bright wheel cleaner spray!

The moral of the story is there are some up sides to a company being totally clueless, £300 of detailing spray for £2.95....that's what I call a bargain!

Soldato
Ahhh carparts4less are fantastic (but clearly clueless)!

A few months ago I ordered some polish/wax (Megs mirror bright stuff) and paid for 48 hour delivery. The box arrived 2 days later via DHL and contained Megs mirror bright detailing spray. So I called them and they told me they had sent the correct item and the image on their website was incorrect, so I could return it if I wished. I decided to keep it. During the conversation I told them that I couldn't search their website for other car detailing products (because their search engine is rubbish!) and they suggested I use product numbers instead.

Whilst randomly changing product numbers I came across the actual Megs mirror bright detailing spray, which said £15 - save 100%, now £0.00. So I thought I would take a punt, ordered 20 and paid £2.95 delivery as it wouldn't let me place an order for £0.00, not thinking for one moment that they would send me anything. Next day DHL turns up with 20 bottles of Megs mirror bright detailing spray (which I paid £2.95 for!). I told a friend the product code, he ordered 4 bottles of the same for £2.95 (delivery) and he received Megs mirror bright wheel cleaner spray!

The moral of the story is there are some up sides to a company being totally clueless, £300 of detailing spray for £2.95....that's what I call a bargain!
Oh wow.

Caporegime
Try their online chat?

I ordered some wiper blades a few weeks a go, they hadn't arrived, not dispatch email or anything. Spoke to someone on their chat and the person said they'd resend them, later in the day I got an email with the DHL details.

So they hadn't even picked, never mind dispatched the original order.

Man of Honour
Never heard of them but can see they are Euro Car Parts. They moved warehouse and are having problems.

More here - https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/contact-us & https://www.eurocarparts.com/contact-us

Our sincere apologies for any delays
We have just moved our main dispatching warehouse, and they have been experiencing some teething problems, which have manifested as picking and dispatching delays. As a result of this, orders may be delayed up to 48 hours – you can view the status of your order by logging into your account here…

We are also seeing a higher than normal volume of calls, which is currently causing waiting times of up to 30 minutes. We are very sorry if you are unable to get through to us, but you can rest assured that the team have your order and it will be dispatched as soon as possible. Parcel tracking details will be emailed to you automatically as soon as the order has left our warehouse allowing you to track your delivery online.
Once again, we would like to apologies for any delays and assure you we are working around the clock to resolve these.

Associate
I ordered some of their cheap scented screenwash and it must have taken about a month to arrive. Wasn't in a rush so didn't chase it for a couple of weeks. Apart from that never really had any issues.

Soldato
Ordered a pair of rear shocks for a car from them. I went away with work for a fortnight before they had arrived (delivery was on time to be fair, I just wasn't there, although the wife was so they were collected ok). Anyway, it was another week or so after my return before I got a chance to fit them. Opened the box, there was only 1 shock. So I called them to complain. Not so much about there only being one shock, which was bad enough, but to not tell me they were only sending one. Not telling me when I could expect the second one. They then said they would send it out. 1 week passes, no shock. So I call them again, and they cancel the order there and then. I tell them that is NOT what I want, I want the other shock, they agree to send it out. EVENTUALLY, another week passes, still no other shock. I call them. They say of course no shock, as they cancelled it last week. I explain that this was sorted and was supposed to be re-instated. Not on their system. Meanwhile, I still haven't received a refund, 5 weeks or so after them not sending out the second shock.

Finally, almost 6 or 7 weeks after the initial order, I received the shock, and was able to perform the change. It was a PITA, but they were still substantially cheaper than anywhere else. And I wasn't really in a hurry, just wanted my parts for the price I paid (the price had increased, online, several times during this fiasco).

I have used them since, and have had no issues. After this fiasco, they did sent me a box of detailing stuff (own brand QX stuff though), which I haven't even looked at since. But I ALWAYS check the box as soon as it arrives now. My own fault for not doing this in the first place to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom