Carphone Warehouse query

Soldato
If I buy the V3 on Virgin's PAYG from the Carphone Warehouse will it come with a SIM card? I'm pretty sure it will but the friend who suggested I move to Virgin reckons the phone won't come with a SIM card and that I'd need to buy a Virgin SIM card as well as the phone.

My counter-argument is that if the phone didn't come with a SIM card why would it be listed under the Virgin PAYG tariff? Also, if the phone didn't come with a SIM card that would make it a SIM-free phone. And the Carphone Warehouse have another separate section for SIM-free phones.

Can you tell me who is right and who is wrong?

Right, I decided to walk over to the Carphone Warehouse shop in the Salford Quays to get the phone today. When I got back I found the phone didn't come with the software CD, handsfree kit or the USB data cable.

The Carphone Warehouse site says the phone comes with these accessories. Does anyone know why I haven't got these things? Should I have gotten those accessories with the phone or do they only come with the phone when ordered from the Carphone Warehouse site itself?

The original V3 when it first came out in a snazzy silver box did come with all those accessories I left CPW a while back and I remember they didnt supply anything in the box anymore, you used to get a handsfree aswell I'm not sure whether you got that or not. But yeah seems right, the website is always wrong half the stuff on there is out of date....

Scientific said:
The original V3 when it first came out in a snazzy silver box did come with all those accessories I left CPW a while back and I remember they didnt supply anything in the box anymore, you used to get a handsfree aswell I'm not sure whether you got that or not. But yeah seems right, the website is always wrong half the stuff on there is out of date....
Right, thanks for the info. So could I buy the software CD and the USB cable? Not bothered about the handsfree really. I'm trying to load up the Carphone Warehouse site to search for accessories but it isn't loading for me.

Scientific said:
The software should be available from motorola website, as for the cable im not sure CPW sell it, I know where I worked we had spares so if someone asked for it I would just give it to them...

try this site its motorola's

http://direct.motorola.com/eng/NationalHome.asp?country=GBR&language=ENG&selectedtab=1
Cheers Scientific. I looked on the Motorola UK shop and found the software and cable for £17.99. A mate has the same phone so I can use his CD to install the software, I just really need the cable. And the Motorola shop doesn't sell the cable on its own.

Back
Top Bottom