CarPlay & Shortcuts

Soldato
Hey all,

I’ve just managed to score myself a new company van that has CarPlay! I’ve been wanting to play with CarPlay for a while now, and so far I’ve been pretty impressed! - it could definitely be better, but just the fact that I can use Waze on my standard dash screen is a massive plus for me!

Waze and Spotify are the only apps I have that support CarPlay, and they both work very well.

Along with CarPlay, I also have a button on the wheel that will bring up Siri whenever I want, so I’ve been looking into the “Shortcuts” app...

I played around with it when it was first released, but I’ve never really found a use for it... however, Siri works so well in the car, I am looking into what shortcuts I can create/use to better utilise this technology.

My question is simple - Do you have any Shortcuts to recommend?

I’m still playing around with the app to get the perfect shortcuts, but I am keen to hear if anyone has found it if use in any way - Anything could be useful to hear and spark some ideas :D

Thanks in advance,

Marky

Soldato
If you're not on the iOS 13 beta then you'll be glad, the new carplay update is really good!

No useful shortcuts to add really. I just mostly use it for Waze/Maps, Music and podcasts

Soldato
OP
If you're not on the iOS 13 beta then you'll be glad, the new carplay update is really good!

No useful shortcuts to add really. I just mostly use it for Waze/Maps, Music and podcasts

I’ve seen some screenshots of it and it looks like a great improvement which is promising! :D

I’ve been tempted to update to the beta for it - but I read recently that Waze doesn’t work with it at the moment, can you confirm?

Soldato
Waze has been working for me however it wasn't problem free. Often I'd have to disconnect my phone, start waze then connect again but once it was running, it was fine

Back
Top Bottom