Case Downsizing

Associate
Currently looking to downsize from a H440 to something much smaller whilst keeping all the same components but there's a catch; it needs to be smaller than 33x33cm to allow it to fit into a shelf space of an ikea KALLAX shelf/desk thingy (pic attached) also no window and "smart" aesthetics are a big plus (think fractal r5). should probably mention atx motherboard/msi 1070ti/h80i v2 to fit in.

all help appreciated!

kallax-shelving-unit-white__0644757_pe702939_s4.jpg

Soldato
I think you'll struggle. A full ATX board is usually 30.5cm long on its own, which doesn't leave much room for a case around it.

Even a large majority of mATX cases are going to be too big in at least one dimension.

It looks like a good candidate for building something custom into the space.

Soldato
33cm tall by 33cm wide by 39cm deep could just about be possible. But no such ATX case exists. The two closest ones are the Raijintek Thetis (too tall, too deep) and the Caselabs Bullet BH7 (10mm too tall).

Also, if you're after a solid front panel then you need a case that's a good bit smaller than 33x33 as the main intakes and exhausts will be on the top/sides/rear. So you're looking at a really small micro ATX case, or going down to ITX. For MATX, the Kolink Satellite springs to mind. For ITX, there are loads of options (though the H80i will likely have to go).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom