• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Case fans on GPU

Soldato
Just purchased a RTX 2070, non reference.

I have a Thermaltake v21 case, its very versatile so I can have a couple of options in terms of fans around my GPU.

I could do;

2 case fans blowing air IN to the case onto the gpu directly in correlation with the gpu fans.

2 case fans above the gpu, exhausting the heat from the gpu out the top of the case.

Or do 1 of each, so one bringing cool air in from the side, with one also exhausting out the roof.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations when cooling GPU's for the best efficiency for cooling?

Any help appreciated :)

Associate
hi,

in case you haven't seen it you may find this video interesting

Looks that it pays to install more than 2 if you can. I have got 4 fans in my case (3 cheap corsairs ml 14cm + ac 1 x 12 at the back) , i just run them a bit slower to reduce the noise. Can't complain of the airflow but then i have got only ryzen 5 2600 with massive 2 fan cooler and gtx 1060 ( modded ac l2 plus).

According to physics laws the warmer air rises so the top fan isn't unreasonable but wwon' be able to prove that this is the case within circulated ...case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom