Case for Quad SLI

Associate
I've got a 4x 1080ti machine and I bought a Corsair 900D case but it's slightly too tall for my setup.

What cases are big enough that they can take the 4 cards and not make the build a tedious process, but are also under 670mm tall?

Thanks!

Soldato
Lian Li's full towers are around 60cm tall.
Fractal Design Define XL little less, same for Antec P280 and there shoudl be many others about 60cm tall.

What style case you want?

Soldato
I thought GTX 10xx series cards didnt support 4 way SLI?

They do not, at least not officially, benchmarks like firestrike and the similar will do 3/4 way natively. You can actually get 3/4 way SLI working in some games by using Nvidia inspector and using the Firstrike profile to trick the game into believing 3/4 way SLI works. It's hit and miss though and in my experience, does not always work great or the micro-suttering is heavy, even with G-Sync.

I expect though a large number of people going 3/4 way configs use them for applications which do not use SLI mode which still work fine. So rendering, deep learning, mining etc.

Soldato
Corsair Air 540 (458mm tall) or Corsair Air 740 (510mm) with 8 expansion slots, depending on your motherboard's first PCIe slot, otherwise a case with 9 slots. Building in it is very easy.

Back
Top Bottom