Case purchase help needed

Associate
So I currently have the fractal design define C, which I have had a couple of years and it's a brilliant case (looks smart, super small footprint, quiet and reasonably cool), however it's main selling feature at the time (small size), is now becoming it's biggest problem.

I thought I had 5 hard drives in this thing, turns out I actually have 7... but 4 of them are tension mounted (by that I mean hanging off the cables) and I've removed the HDD cage to fit more fans in.

I could do with a case big enough to mount the drives properly, or at least space to 3M them in place somewhere. I also have a rather large Noctua cooler on the CPU and the GPU is currently under an AIO with 240mm fan that has to be front mounted due to tube length. I was looking at the Lian Li Dynamic (circa £120) as this is about the limit of what I would like to spend and looked smart, however I've no idea if it's a decent case or if there are better alternatives. I would ideally like a TG window, room for a 360mm front rad/fan setup, quiet and with decent airflow. Any advice appreciated!

Soldato
Phanteks p600s is a brilliant case, best I've ever worked in. Not sure if it supports the amount of drives you want but if that's not an issue I wouldn't pass this one by.

Associate
External enclosure or NAS for HDDs not an option?
Get one for 5 or 8 drives. USB3 connection nowadays will not slow you down.
Feels wasteful to switch a perfect case just because of too much spinning rust.

Associate
OP
External enclosure or NAS for HDDs not an option?
Get one for 5 or 8 drives. USB3 connection nowadays will not slow you down.
Feels wasteful to switch a perfect case just because of too much spinning rust.

They are all SSD's in this machine, I have a gen8 server with x4 8TB drives and another x2 6TB drives for all my storage... I dont mind if they are mounted properly, then again, I could bin at least 2-3 off if I'm honest. I only put them in because they were there...

Associate
In that case replace small drives with a single 2TB SSD. Cost as top tier case, but much less hassle than managing 6-7 drives and probably faster as well.

Associate
OP
In that case replace small drives with a single 2TB SSD. Cost as top tier case, but much less hassle than managing 6-7 drives and probably faster as well.

I've got x3 1TB drives in already, I think I'm just being greedy on space, I have another 6 or 7 240gb Kingston SSD's which I suppose I should bin off... lol

Back
Top Bottom