Case recommendation 3080ti

Soldato
Hi all,

Looking for a case recommendation, please.

- < £150 ish
- any colour
- fit MSi GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio
- fit AIO 240mm
- fit 2* 3.5" hdds

Currently toying between the 4000D, 5000D, P500A but fully open to suggestions
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
I have a 5000x, one bit of advice i will give is if you are installing 2 mechanical drives and you have a large psu you are left with hardly any space in the shroud. You can do it but it's very tight. I ended up buying a NAS so i could host external.
Check out the lian li 011 xl cases which are popular. Plenty of builds to look at in another post

Soldato
I just bought 2 Phanteks P500A. I actually bought 1 to build for a friend and immediately bought another for myself after seeing the quality. Both were £79.95 in the B Grade section.

There are 8 P600S in that section for £99.95

Vmtiwxh.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
5000D Airflow
The side air intake filter will strecth over time (6months) until it rubs on the fans according to posts I saw around the web from multiple sources.

I guess you can mod it easy enough with a plastic strip or something to reinforce the filter.

other cases I'd personally consider are
Lian Li 011d evo, but not having dust filters puts me off it.

Phanteks P600S seems the best out of modern cases imo.

I personally don't really like all these modern cases though, what happened to all the full aluminium cases? it seems like every modern case has ugly plastic fronts or plastic somewhere, what happened to premium cases? when did they get so tacky and cheap

Soldato
The side air intake filter will strecth over time (6months) until it rubs on the fans according to posts I saw around the web from multiple sources.

I guess you can mod it easy enough with a plastic strip or something to reinforce the filter.

I personally don't really like all these modern cases though, what happened to all the full aluminium cases? it seems like every modern case has ugly plastic fronts or plastic somewhere, what happened to premium cases? when did they get so tacky and cheap

This.

Soldato

I just bought some Demciflex filters for my 011D. Obviously costs more but they are much better than the ones that come with cases and I just ordered direct from SA.

Soldato
I keep eyeing up the matt white

but it's 35 more than the other colours :S
Realy want it as a case for my next build though when the new CPU/GPU come out in a few months

I got the Gunmetal grey for a bargain £100 brand new for my new build last December.

Great case to work with, excellent cable management and the amount of both SSD and HDD drives it can hold puts other cases to shame.

Soldato

I've had mine for over a year now and none of the filters have warped or stretched. The panels on this case are all metal including the front and top that pop off.

Back
Top Bottom