Case suggestions

Associate
Im planning on ordering my new PC in the next few days but I am stuggling to decide which case to get, originally I was going to go for the 550 because it has good reviews good dust filters and great build quality by all accounts.

But as it was out of stock with OCuk i started to look round and found it does not fit a H90 cooler which was on my list of possible coolers for my system, whatever i choice does not have to have to fit a H90 but its a cooler I like the look of. Having run my H50 for the last three years without a problem Im tempted to keep have a closed loop water cooler again.

Most of the £80-120 cases I have been looking at have a fair amount less in the way of dust filter than the 550D seems to have, which is a problem for me as i have a dust phobia much like most people on here. Ive not bought a case for nearly five years so could do with some advice from you guys.

My pc is going to be based around:

Intel Core i5 4670K Overclocked to 4.5GHz
Gigabyte Z87X-OC DDR3 Motherboard
6970 MSI

The TLDR version is I have a budget of upto £120 I want as much dust filterage as possible and it to be quiet not silent, if it's possibly have a 140mm fan exhaust would be nice but not essential. As i may still change my mind regarding the cooler and just go for an air cooler.

Soldato
To be honest you'll be very hanrd pushed to find what you want.

I was thinking you could get a case and filteres for it seperately but a lot of filters work out very expensive.

What im wondering is WHY the H90? The H80(i) or H100(i) will fit in the case so why bother with the H90 if it means looking for another case?

Fan filters are well worth it though. My TJ08-E has two filters (PSU and front), keeps the case spotless inside. :)

Associate
OP
Im planning on buying the "Quasar 260i" pre clocked bundle but overclockers said they will let me sub the mount doom for something else as long im happy to pay the difference. The H80 is out of stock and the H100 is a bit more than Id like to spend, but im open to having to spend the extra for the H100 if i can find a case that tic's the other boxes for me.

I would wait on the reconditioned coolers but all are on pre order at the moment and I really want to get my Pc up and running this week.

Back
Top Bottom