Case to replace HP gen 7 Microserver

Soldato
so i did an inventory check and noticed i have some spare parts lying around, a pentium dual core probably haswell based and i have both a mini itx and a micro atx motherboard which can be used for a build,
i need a case that is small i doubt i can get one thats as small as the microserver and still take 6 x 3.5inch drives.

anyone know of a small case that will fit 6 of the 3.5 inch size drives in it?
would be ideal if it has dust filters on it too.

Associate
Fractal Node 304. Had one as my custom NAS (i5-4670K + 16GB RAM) with 5 WD Reds and 1 SDD mounted. Not much else that size will take 6 x 3.5" drives, not a few years ago when I built it anyway. Has twin 92mm (80mm compatible) fans on the front and a single 140mm in the rear. I mounted a Noctua NH-U12S in there as well to keep cooling up and noise down. Has filters on the front and bottom (for PSU).

Soldato
Silverstone do a 6 bay ITX case that is quite good

InWin do a 4 bay hotswap (ITX) that you might be able to mount the other drives into internally - and supermicro do a similar chassis too.

Soldato
OP
so node 304 seems to be decent option.
are there any other cases i can get that have a small footprint yet big on 3.5inch drive capacity? i guess i can move up to micro atx form factor but its got to be small.
need 6 x 3.5inch drives to fit possibly more if it allows.

Back
Top Bottom