case with good airflow

Associate
I7 4770K (At 4.4mhz, i think)
Gigabyte Z87X-DH3
Coolmaster silent pro 900 (or was it 800)
Thermalright Silver Arrow SB E Extreme CPU Cooler
16Gb Corsair Vengance ddr3 @ 1333MHz
Gigabyte Auros GTX1080Ti

Hi Fellas
Been watching far too many Gamers Nexus Videos regarding cases and there comes a point when you just gotta push the button.
Looking for a case with good airflow, mesh fronted, preinstalled fans (can add an exhaust if not supplied)
Price £50-£250 good quality
Will be upgrading my system later in the year when the dust settles, say upgrading, the only bit i'm using is the 1080ti above,(will not be vertically mounting) not sure on the Motherboard, CPU etc yet. Also not sure if will be using a AIO or Air cooling for Heat sink so need the space for both. The Coolermaster below is a bit wide @ 250mm, would not be able to accommodate any bigger than that
Couple of options below i like the look of, different end of the price spectrum, anyone rate these, or have one. Any other suggestions in my spec?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £319.84 (includes shipping: £15.90)

Soldato
I've had a few Fractal Design cases and the airflow has been pretty good, they have a mesh front on many of the cases and plenty of space inside for the air to move in and out...

Other than that I would say Phanteks P400 Air could be an option, some members on here say how good the P600 is also

Soldato
Back in March 2020 I chose between those two cases. The H500M was around £150. I definitely wouldn't be paying as much as £220 now :eek:

I bought the P400a. It's good. Excellent airflow.

Only thing it lacks is a dust filter. My PC being in a loft conversion means it's naturally dusty up here and just a lot of carpet fibres get sucked in to the PC.

But it isn't too bad. Every 6 weeks or so I'll open it up and blow it out.

I'd still give it a 9/10 rating though so don't let that turn you off.

It won the best overall case of 2019 from Gamer Nexus after all.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
I'd still go one of the silverstone cases with the big thick 180mm air pens for an air cooling rig the raven series is still at the top

Last edited:
Soldato
The P400A will be a great option - it’ll be cooler than anything else listed here. The CM case will be great too but it’s stupidly overpriced.
The p 600s case is cooler than the p400 case
Out of the 2 cases the op has listed I'd go for the p400a as the cm is overpriced imho and I don't like the style of the cooler master case either but that's personal opinion

Last edited:
Soldato
The p 600s case is cooler than the p400 case
Out of the 2 cases the op has listed I'd go for the p400a as the cm is overpriced imho and I don't like the style of the cooler master case either but that's personal opinion

Are you sure about that? The P600s doesn’t have an open mesh front panel so doesn’t seem likely that it’s cooler with with standardised noise levels

Soldato
Are you sure about that? The P600s doesn’t have an open mesh front panel so doesn’t seem likely that it’s cooler with with standardised noise levels
The p600s front cover comes off revealing a mesh front mate has 3 x140 fans at front and 2 x240 fans in roof that also has a cover which removes giving a mesh roof look on hexus it got voted one of the best air cases made think it was only beaten by a old Silverstone case but can't remember which one and owning 2 of the p600s cases I'm quite sure about it the air 400 is a good case though I did consider it myself before I bought the p600s cases
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...-midi-tower-case-gunmetal-grey-cm-02s-pt.html

Soldato
The p600s front cover comes off revealing a mesh front mate has 3 x140 fans at front and 2 x240 fans in roof that also has a cover which removes giving a mesh roof look on hexus it got voted one of the best air cases made think it was only beaten by a old Silverstone case but can't remember which one and owning 2 of the p600s cases I'm quite sure about it the air 400 is a good case though I did consider it myself before I bought the p600s cases
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phan...-midi-tower-case-gunmetal-grey-cm-02s-pt.html

Interesting, didn’t realise the front comes off

Back
Top Bottom