Cat question

Soldato
Girlfriend is off to spain for a fortnight and left her two cats (they're brothers) with her mother and her partner. Within 2 hours of them getting them they'd let one of the cats out and he hasn't been seen since. Now the girlfriend is away on holiday worried sick about the little chap and I'm making up posters for her mum to put on letter boxes (I live 200 miles from her mum).

It's only been 48 hours, I know from experience that cats can vanish for days but my worry is that this little chap wasn't familiar with the house or people that he was staying with and with my girlfriend now on holiday he won't know who to go to. Am I right in thinking that he's likely to come back once he's established some territory because his brother is there? they do get on very well..

Before anyone asks this was all arranged before I started dating her so I'm not that useless a boyfriend that I won't even look after her pussies :p

aww poor moggie :( and no he's not chipped or wearing a collar so I'm sending the posters to any rescue centers with a covering letter... can't believe he wasn't at least chipped :sigh: :(

Soldato
OP
girlfriend lives up in scotland near me, cats are down near middlesbrough :(

The one that got away is a proper hunter, kills 4/5 voles/shrews/birds/mice/rats a day in central glasgow so he can take care of himself :p

Associate
I dont know anything about cats, being allergic, but since i believe they are territorial and he was unfamiliar with his location i find it VERY unlikely that he will return to the house.

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Get out and look mate as it's unlikely he will find his way back.
If he does then cover his feet with margarine. By the time he has licked it all off he would have transferred the new scent and will be sorted :)

Works on all cats that have been moved but odviously will need doing again when/if taken home.

Soldato
malc30 said:
Get out and look mate as it's unlikely he will find his way back.
If he does then cover his feet with margarine. By the time he has licked it all off he would have transferred the new scent and will be sorted :)

Works on all cats that have been moved but odviously will need doing again when/if taken home.

He lives 200 miles away.

And margarine on the cats feet ? WTF ?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I meant look about locally odviously mate :p I don't expect him to trott 200 miles.
The margarine sounds weird i know but think about it for a mo. Cat spends half an hour licking the marg off tamping on the new house carpet and walking about whcih transfers the new scent.
When i was a kid my mum had 5 cats and we moved house loads, it worked every time.

Soldato
OP
well latest I heard he's been seen by her mothers neighbours a few times this morning smelling things and generally annoying thier dogs! I'm hoping her mother can catch him but I'll be posting some posters down for her to put up anyway!

Suspended
Kami said:
well latest I heard he's been seen by her mothers neighbours a few times this morning smelling things and generally annoying thier dogs! I'm hoping her mother can catch him but I'll be posting some posters down for her to put up anyway!

Walk around the area with a box of Go-Kat biscuits, rattling them. Should get cats interest.

Stupid thing your mother did though.

Soldato
Well it seems he has been seen nearby so it looks like he hasn't gone too far. Cats are terratorial and that exactly what moggy has been up to - piddling on cars and crapping in peoples gardens laying claim to it all :D

When we first got one of our cats we brough him about 100miles from the rescue centre we got him from - he vanished for a week then came back as if nothing had happened. Brought a dead magpie with him too lol :p

SiriusB

Soldato
OP
Bri said:
Post a picture here, there's a few of us from the area & we may just spot it.

It's highly unlikely, but worth a pop.

I dont have any I can upload yet getting one later though! He's black, has a small white patch on his tummy, has the most lovely fur and is generally reasonably friendly. I've no idea why the girlfriend didnt have him chipped and did NOT have a collar on him. She's really regretting this now !

First thing we're doing when she gets back is getting them both done!

Back
Top Bottom