Cat5e Module Help

Soldato
I've got some Cat5e module's and I have a couple of questions as I haven't seen one like this before.

Can someone tell me what the 'T' piece of plastic is for at the top of the module in the picture below?
Is it some kind of cable strain relief?

p1070504j.jpg

Is this how it should be assembled?

p1070505h.jpg

Soldato
Looks like it might apply pressure to the sheathed section of cat5e cable going into the IDC terminals

Just a guess though, never seen it before.

Soldato
OP
Looks like it might apply pressure to the sheathed section of cat5e cable going into the IDC terminals

Just a guess though, never seen it before.

That's what I was thinking but it doesn't apply that much pressure.

I've wired them up and cable tied the cat5e cable and all seems good.

Cable retainer of some sort, didn't you get a instruction leaflet with it?

If you know the make google for some instructions, or look at compamies site for info.

They were given to me so there weren't any instructions. Not sure of the make either, I've already tried google.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Managed to find out the make and contacted them and this is how it should be used

The T-Piece that you refer to functions as an optional strain relief for terminated cables. The idea is to have the cable coming out of the top hole of the module, where it can then be cable tied to the T-Piece. If you were to then pull on the cable, the cable tie would hit the T and move the pulling strain onto this piece of plastic, instead of entirely being on the cable itself. This is entirely optional and will not affect the performance of the unit, it is simply there to provide a guard against pulling stresses.

Back
Top Bottom