Catalina and photos issue

Soldato
Hi

I just updated from Mojave to Catalina, I have a small issue, I have 3 apple accounts on the iMac, I noticed that 2 of the accounts had photos disabled under the iCloud settings, which I thought odd as it was enabled before the update.

Under the photos app preferences there is no setting to enable my photo stream?

Does anyone know how to fix this, on my account the option is there and enabled.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Actually I think thats an old feature, I just disabled it on mine in photo settings and the setting vanished after so I can't re-enable it. Odd!

Can someone please confirm by looking in their photo app iCloud preferences please?

Soldato
Photo stream is a very old and deprecated feature. It’s all about iCloud Photos now has been for a few years. Photo stream was only there to support old non-upgradeable devices.

Soldato
OP
Photo stream is a very old and deprecated feature. It’s all about iCloud Photos now has been for a few years. Photo stream was only there to support old non-upgradeable devices.

I thought that, strange why I had the setting still enabled in my settings, that's why I got a bit confused.

Two of the photo apps are doing that gathering info, checking duplicates thing, seems to be taking ages and the progress bar hasn't moved much. will it still do its thing if i close the photo app?

Soldato
If you used Photo Stream previously (like I did) then it was on by default. Even if eventually all your iDevices used iCloud Photos, Photo Stream would still be on by default. It’s a legacy hangover.

if you close Photos then no it won’t keep doing it’s thing. Minimising it will be fine.

Soldato
OP
If you used Photo Stream previously (like I did) then it was on by default. Even if eventually all your iDevices used iCloud Photos, Photo Stream would still be on by default. It’s a legacy hangover.

if you close Photos then no it won’t keep doing it’s thing. Minimising it will be fine.

All curating completed a while ago, thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom