Cats Gone

Soldato
Havent seen my cat since saturday morning, wouldent worry normally but this ones a self made house cat. Its free to go whenever it wants but its scared of the outside, only normally comes out if i am sitting in the garden or working in the car but any sudden noise sends it back in :(

Had lots of windows open on sunday so i think its gone out, looked everywhere for it, tried calling it and shakeing its food but still no sign. Was going to knock around the neighbours tonight but failing that i am all out of ideas :(

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Sone said:
Havent seen my cat since saturday morning, wouldent worry normally but this ones a self made house cat. Its free to go whenever it wants but its scared of the outside, only normally comes out if i am sitting in the garden or working in the car but any sudden noise sends it back in :(

Had lots of windows open on sunday so i think its gone out, looked everywhere for it, tried calling it and shakeing its food but still no sign. Was going to knock around the neighbours tonight but failing that i am all out of ideas :(

It's probably got lost. Try asking your neighbours, if that doesn't turn up anything try making lost posters.

Associate
Our cat went missing for a week a few months ago but we think he went looking for a girlie cat, is your cat neutered / spayed ? Also, has it been chipped?

We made posters with a few pictures showing above and side shots of the cat so people could see his markings then put them up on lamp posts and showed them to local vets in case he was brought in.
You might want to think about promising a reward, don't say how much for though that should depend on who finds the cat!! :)

We also walked round shouting his name which felt very silly but it meant other people tried to help us and we found out that people had seen him since he'd gone missing.

This approach worked for us, our cat was found wandering around a chemists crying loudly and a girl took him to the vets where he was instantly recognised, his chip was then scanned and we were called.

Good look finding your poor kitty.

Associate
one of our cats went missing for about a month when i was a kid turned out it had been feeding at about 4 of our neibours (sp) and had effectively made a home with each of them

Soldato
Don't give up hope yet, it's early days.

Do a door to door search, check nearby roofs that could be accessible, garages etc.

I hope the cat turns up.

Soldato
One of mine dissappeared for almost 6 months :eek: he eventually returned slightly worse for wear and now the prodigal son seems to prefer to spend most of his time asleep on our sofa :rolleyes: That was about 3 years ago.
But we are in a similar situation again: his sister has been missing since the end of july :( the missus is not happy seeing as she let the cat out on the night she was due to go to borneo for a month. Cat has not returned as yet despite me holding the fort whilst swmbo was away... now she feels guilty for letting the cat out and then going on holliday :D TT

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
In my experience cats usually have more than one home. Like has been said they usually visit neighbours regularly.
Tin tapping is the best noise to make to find a cat but you will have every other cat in the neighbourhood coming as well.
Posters have definetly got to be made and posted about so that whoever has him knows he is loved and already has a home.
Good luck, i hope you find him.

Back
Top Bottom