Caught the watercooling bug....

Associate
Originally was just going too have a CPU only loop, but now after hearing the silence of my PC compared to before, that is until my GPU spins up like a bloody fighter jet!

I have ordered a GTX1080TI Waterblock to slot in to the loop.

Seems worth it lol

Associate
Have you increased your case fans to cool the VRM?

It's usually passively cooled by the CPU's heatsink - unless you have a monoblock.

Soldato
Have you increased your case fans to cool the VRM?

It's usually passively cooled by the CPU's heatsink - unless you have a monoblock.

No it isn’t, it’s passivley cooled by the heatsinks on the motherboard attached to it UNLESS you have a monoblock which takes over when you remove them. Which is the point of Monoblocks...

Associate
Did I miss him saying he has a Monoblock?

He explicitly said he was planning a CPU-only loop, now he's adding in a GPU Waterblock too.

No it isn’t, it’s passivley cooled by the heatsinks on the motherboard attached to it UNLESS you have a monoblock which takes over when you remove them. Which is the point of Monoblocks...

It's passively cooled by the fan on the CPU's heatsink - the bit that gets removed when watercooling.

Soldato
Did I miss him saying he has a Monoblock?

He explicitly said he was planning a CPU-only loop, now he's adding in a GPU Waterblock too.

It's passively cooled by the fan on the CPU's heatsink - the bit that gets removed when watercooling.

The fan on the CPU is not passively cooling anything as that’s actively drawing air on/off the CPU sink. If you take the CPU sink off and waterblock it the motherboard heatsinks are still doing the same job, same need for case airflow it’s nothing new.

The board VRM cooling is not designed to be cooled by warm air on a CPU, no you didn’t miss anything I’m simply pointing out the new WC guy doesn’t need to worry about cooling their VRM because they have the CPU blocked that’s just silly, if anything it’s putting less warm air inside the case reducing its air temperature.

Soldato
This.

Soon you'll want another radiator, but then you'll need a bigger case. More fans for the other rad. Then you might want a new Res/pump combo..... It's goes on and on. Then you wish you stuck with air hahaha

LMAO, story of my life, just changed my rads a couple of months ago, and got new fans this weekend just gone, got a few parts on the way from OCuk, should be here on Wednesday, ever decreasing bank balance :D

Associate
This.

Soon you'll want another radiator, but then you'll need a bigger case. More fans for the other rad. Then you might want a new Res/pump combo..... It's goes on and on. Then you wish you stuck with air hahaha

True, I've only (couple of months ago) built my first loop. I'm already eyeing up a new Rad and Fans, so far I've resisted which is very good for I as my will power is normally weak.

Soldato
True, I've only (couple of months ago) built my first loop. I'm already eyeing up a new Rad and Fans, so far I've resisted which is very good for I as my will power is normally weak.

I used to change mine all the time. Upgrading, downgradibg, side grading haha after a while I just realized I was wasting a load of time and money and sold the lot .

I left it a good year and then build a water cooled rig and I'm leaving it at that. No benching no overclocking just gaming in silence :)

Back
Top Bottom