CBT with EU license ?

Soldato
Hello All,

I am struggling to wrap my head around the uk laws.
I have a Full B EU license that I cannot change for UK one (my native country would not look at it fondly) I have enquired about CBT and I have been told I need Letter Of confirmation with UK Driver number.

I contacted DVLA on chats and they said its only needed for Busses. I tried calling them the number just hangs up.
The CBT centre says I need to fill in from D9 to register my EU license with DVLA but they also said the rules might have changed.

Few articles still indicate I need to fill in the form D9
https://www.theukrules.co.uk/rules/driving/learn-to-drive/motorcycles/index.html

Anyone has any experience with this ? The CBT centre said I can also request a provisional license and do my CBT on that ?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Why would your country of origin even care if you swap your license for a UK one? You worried about swapping it back or something else?

Sounds like this will work fine with the d9 form it you really want to go down that route....
I managed to get trough DVLA and indeed they confirmed I need the D9 form.
For the second part I come from country that the police don't protect, they are there to collect money from you at all cost, so giving them any ammunitions they will go around the car to test tire pressure if they have to to find any way to fine you.
So having a different DL will make them more eager to find any detail they can.

Soldato
You can just request an UK provisional licence, you don't have to do any tests or anything to get a provisional licence and then the CBT.
your CBT will be valid for 2 years, you either keep like that and do cbt again in 2 years or get a full licence.

Soldato
Did not know you needed an EU licence for that kinky ****.
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom