CCNA Hardware lab or NETSIM?.

Soldato
I'm using 5.1 and got it through work. This is the only version I've used. Sounds like a later version may be worth a shot then.

Associate
OP
@ Dashik. I was just on my Cisco acadamy student website checking the version of packet tracer for agw_01 and i see there is a supplement zip file of CCNA activities/assessments.

Would you like me to email it to you? (936KB)

Is the sky blue?

Ofc and thank you very much. I got version 5.2 of Packet tracer. Downloading 5.3.3. now :D

I emailed your trust.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok so I've got all my CCNA books now. So between 70-680 and CCNA Ill be plenty Busy for the next wee while :D Nice thing is that if One subject is getting nippy I can switch to the other for a bit :D

A change is as good as a rest :D

Onwards!!!!

Associate
Ok so I've got all my CCNA books now. So between 70-680 and CCNA Ill be plenty Busy for the next wee while :D Nice thing is that if One subject is getting nippy I can switch to the other for a bit :D

A change is as good as a rest :D

Onwards!!!!

I felt like moving on to my Microsoft stuff at times but its hard as there's so much to take in with Cisco, any given spare time I just have to put all the effort into that. Im finished my CCENT prep now (Last proper class tonight). In for some revision next week with my final exam Wed 23rd..

ICND1 Exam set for August. Fingers crossed i get it first time :D

Associate
I felt like moving on to my Microsoft stuff at times but its hard as there's so much to take in with Cisco, any given spare time I just have to put all the effort into that. Im finished my CCENT prep now (Last proper class tonight). In for some revision next week with my final exam Wed 23rd..

ICND1 Exam set for August. Fingers crossed i get it first time :D

Good luck! I passed mine last Thursday as said above if you know the topics well you will pass. Though the first few questions I got made me think I might fail in the end I scored 937/1000 (minimum passing score is 804/1000) could have done a bit better but a pass is a pass.

Associate
Good luck! I passed mine last Thursday as said above if you know the topics well you will pass. Though the first few questions I got made me think I might fail in the end I scored 937/1000 (minimum passing score is 804/1000) could have done a bit better but a pass is a pass.

It sure it mate, well done.

Am i right in saying the overall exam is only 50 questions? Was the majority of the content based upon subnetting, routing and ip addressing?

Associate
It sure it mate, well done.

Am i right in saying the overall exam is only 50 questions? Was the majority of the content based upon subnetting, routing and ip addressing?

Thanks. It was 50 questions yes. I'm not sure if I can say what the majority of questions were on because of the NDA but there is a list available of all the topics that you are tested on in the exam. I will say you should really have subnetting down and know your show commands like the back of your hand :) I used Wendel Odoms CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide and CBTNuggets ICND1 videos.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4986
http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-822.html

Associate
Yes 100% already started studying for it. CCENT is great but I want at least a CCNA, becoming a CCIE is the dream. What about you, will you be going for a CCNA too once you pass?

Associate
Yes 100% already started studying for it. CCENT is great but I want at least a CCNA, becoming a CCIE is the dream. What about you, will you be going for a CCNA too once you pass?

Although CCNA is a minimum for most jobs, i think im going to leave it until around the time my CCENT expires(When i have it that is). After the CCENT im going to focus on getting Windows 7 MCTS cert and MCITP (Now MCSE) IN server Admin.

Associate
OP
Might be a worthwhile point to study for ICND2 at the same time as your MS certs once you've got CCENT and use it as your break topic so that your still studying and keeping the CCENT stuff fresh if you follow.

Also as its just one exam it might be worth a ninja shot at it in between MS ones :D

Associate
Might be a worthwhile point to study for ICND2 at the same time as your MS certs once you've got CCENT and use it as your break topic so that your still studying and keeping the CCENT stuff fresh if you follow.

Also as its just one exam it might be worth a ninja shot at it in between MS ones :D

CCNA material is definitely not "break" material :D

Back
Top Bottom