CCNA

Associate
Hi All,

Looking to get into Network engineering, I want to do my CCNA any recommendations for Online courses, Resources or even classroom led courses.

Appriciate it.

Thank you
James

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
If you don't have any way of building experience with work consider getting CBT nuggets access as they are very good. Download packet tracer and use the CML sandbox on developer.cisco.com for labs. The book above is good but there are 2 volumes of the official cert guide, worth a read I imagine. I did the old CCNA and it also had 2 volumes albeit for different exams.
Check out Kevin Wallace training on YouTube too as even though he's very dry he's very good. And David Bombal as well, his good stuff used to be paid but I think he's got a bunch of free courses nowadays.
I don't think you need to get a router or switch these days for a home lab but if you can get some off ebay for cheap it's worth having a play.

Soldato
Did mine at Eccles College, still had to do the exams via netacad. In the end did nothing with it work wise. Gave me a good understanding of networking though.

Caporegime
You can get 60 credits towards a degree (or undergrad diploma or certificate) with the OU if you study/prepare for it with them (a whole honours degree is 120 credits per level/year * 3).

They also offer CCNP as part of one of their MSc degrees or post-grad certs/diplomas.

Back
Top Bottom