CD Conversion project - 1000 CD conversion to SSD looking for external CDdrive

Associate
As above really. I'm looking to convert all my CDs to digital storage. I have no idea about the CD drive world, so looking for suggestions on the best solution to get this big job done?

I have a Ryzen 3600x build, 16g 3200 ram which is used primarily for gaming, if this is relevant at all . My CDs will be initially digitilised on to a 1TB NVME drive, the probably transferred to large mechanical drives later down the line

Any help appreciated

Many thanks

Lyndon

tnx

tnx

Associate
Ashampoo Software has a FREE burning studio which can rip music CD's. I have used their apps for a long while now. Easy to use. Although I have never used their FREE stuff but I would imagine it would be just as good.

They do a Music Studio 7 too. This will do what you want but there is a charge. Music Studio 6 is good, I have this, again very easy to use.

Associate
Heads up, be sure on what format you want. I used dbpoweramp to go flac on 100 odd CDs. I then changed to high bit rate mp3 for the electronic stuff via further ripping. Hah.

That software checks the rip quality from databases and also the tags.

Good luck!

Soldato
Heads up, be sure on what format you want. I used dbpoweramp to go flac on 100 odd CDs. I then changed to high bit rate mp3 for the electronic stuff via further ripping. Hah.

That software checks the rip quality from databases and also the tags.

Good luck!

DPpoweramp has a converter function which will allow you to convert FLAC to other formats so no need to re-rip.

Definitely rip to FLAC.

As mentioned, it's going to take a LONG time. I had to do a similar amount. I just kept a stack next to the laptop and popped a new cd in every time i walked past and saw it'd ejected the previous. From memory it's ~10 mins per cd.

If you have old components/old laptop doing nothing. Take a look at the Vortexbox software (free)

Associate
DPpoweramp has a converter function which will allow you to convert FLAC to other formats so no need to re-rip.

Definitely rip to FLAC.

As mentioned, it's going to take a LONG time. I had to do a similar amount. I just kept a stack next to the laptop and popped a new cd in every time i walked past and saw it'd ejected the previous. From memory it's ~10 mins per cd.

If you have old components/old laptop doing nothing. Take a look at the Vortexbox software (free)

Yeah, have tried it. But found it wasn't the highest of quality when using mp3 VBR. The direct mp3 rips are decent however.

Back
Top Bottom