Ceiling Speakers and Amp Needed

Soldato
I need to order a set of ceiling speakers and an amp for my parents dining room/kitchen/conservatory.

I've already got them an Acer Aspire iDea 500 Media Centre, which has seems to have every audio output known to man.

We want approx 4 speakers in the ceiling of the kitchen and dining room, 2 wall mounted ones in the conservatory and 2 wired into the front room. My family are by no means audiophiles and will be mostly be used by them for TV purposes (20" swivel mounted TFT), radio listening and by myself for DVDs and playing MP3s.

The budget is as low as possibly to get something which sounds decent to the average person, in all likelihood at quite low volumes for most of the while. To be honest I'd say I'm quite happy with the sound output of the 7 speakers of my creative labs PC setup, which cost less than £100 so nothing spectacular is needed.

We also need to be able to switch between sound output to 1/2/3 or 4 rooms, this would probably be best in a separte box as the amp will be hidden hopefully.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Dont know about amping that sort of setup for a budget really, I know Linn do a system (knekt?) but I dont know enough about it to give you the info you need.

As for the speakers, look at the Kef Custom Installation series. There are a few others but the Kef stuff will give you a general idea about what they look like and how they are installed / what size cavities are needed etc.

For the wall mounted ones, how do you mean? Actually in the wall or on wall-stands? If the latter, take a look at the Kef Q series, B&W DM600, or for a bit more Dynaudio Audience 40/42Ws.

Back
Top Bottom