CES 2024

Soldato
Top end Panasonic OLED sounds good. 144hz too and moving away from their awful smart TV interface in favour of Fire OS. Looking forward to seeing it in person at some stage.

Soldato
OP
Top end Panasonic OLED sounds good. 144hz too and moving away from their awful smart TV interface in favour of Fire OS. Looking forward to seeing it in person at some stage.

Didn't mind their interface to be honest. Least it's not full of adverts and even after x amount of years it never slows down.

Soldato
Didn't mind their interface to be honest. Least it's not full of adverts and even after x amount of years it never slows down.
Fair enough. For me it is mostly about the apps missing and functionality of those apps vs other fully featured smart TV platforms. Not that it overly matters once you add in an apple TV 4k box or similar I guess.

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Fair enough. For me it is mostly about the apps missing and functionality of those apps vs other fully featured smart TV platforms. Not that it overly matters once you add in an apple TV 4k box or similar I guess.
Yup, I don't rely on the TV inbuilt stuff as at some point it'll go out of date, stop getting updates etc.

I use them when I can, else an external device steps in and fills any gaps.

Soldato
Nice improvements but I would have liked it if LG put their MLA panel tech into the C4 series, instead it appears they have made the C4s more brighter via the booster feature. Lets see if their Ai and upscaling is really worth it also.

Samsung 42" and 48" TVs finally but again they are using the older LG OLED panels apparently, so what happen to all the QD-OLED hype, Samsung should be rolling those smaller screens out pronto its a great market for gamers and bedroom TV fans.

Soldato
Nice improvements but I would have liked it if LG put their MLA panel tech into the C4 series, instead it appears they have made the C4s more brighter via the booster feature. Lets see if their Ai and upscaling is really worth it also.

Samsung 42" and 48" TVs finally but again they are using the older LG OLED panels apparently, so what happen to all the QD-OLED hype, Samsung should be rolling those smaller screens out pronto its a great market for gamers and bedroom TV fans.
Their top panel tech will never go into the C series I suspect.

Soldato
Their top panel tech will never go into the C series I suspect.

Yeah it may not early on, but we did get the Evo or WBE panels in the LG C2 series a year after they went in the G series, keeping fingers crossed.

Also we are seeing QD-OLED 3rd gen improving picture quality (text) and more pixels in smaller size panels, from sounds of things its coming to the QD-OLED monitors and bigger QD-OLED TVs
but id rather see it in the 42/48" size.

Some good info on Samsung improving smaller size panels here

Soldato
Yup, I don't rely on the TV inbuilt stuff as at some point it'll go out of date, stop getting updates etc.

I use them when I can, else an external device steps in and fills any gaps.
My LG C9 is over 4 years old now and the UI is still fast and apps still updated. I love just having one remote for everything. It also plays everything I want over the USB ports.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
My LG C9 is over 4 years old now and the UI is still fast and apps still updated. I love just having one remote for everything. It also plays everything I want over the USB ports.
4/5 years is still ‘new’ to me so would expect it all to still work

Last edited:
Soldato
Still frustrates me that there's not a truely innovative TV design for commercial buyers… one without smart crap and speakers :D

Give me a screen, and I’ll do the rest damit!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom