CES announced headsets

Don
Expecting a fair few over the next couple of days.
So far we have the Lenovo which looks interesting. It uses inside-out tracking for room-scale where it has stereoscopic cameras to track its surroundings. Has twin 1440x1440 screens so resolution is a little higher than Vive and Rift. No details on availability yet but should be some time this year. Price is supposed to be around $400.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/03/lenovo-vr-headset-windows/

No info on whether it will be Steam VR compatible or not.

Associate
atari-vr.jpg

Soldato
Yeah, that head strap and full availability of the wireless kit is going to be a game changer.

Although the Wireless kit requires line of sight the fact that you could put the Vive basestations in any room without running wires means (in theory) you could move your Vive setup to any room in the house with only a single wire needed to give the wireless link line of sight.

VR outside anyone?

At last, the master race will no longer be confined to indoor spaces! We're making it out into the real world! Like a real boy maw! Look at me go!

Soldato
Outdoor VR is daft, in fact VR in general as a gaming platform is increasingly losing it's shine for me.

Outdoor wireless AR technology though. Now we're talking.

Associate
The rEvolve Vive headstrap replacement looks awesome. This video shows an early prototype, but should hopefully see a more polished version with the Kickstarter next week. I've been wondering how long it would take for someone to make a PSVR style head band for the Vive. The ability to flip the headset up and down is a very nice addition too. Will keep an eye on this fo sure.

Soldato

Some nice ideas there. Make it wireless and add the new Vive controllers I've seen being prototyped and I think I will seriously consider investing.

Probably end up with a wireless Rift though; the seated experience seems better on the Rift and I don't have much space. Hmm let's see how this race goes in the next 2 years.

Last edited:
Associate
Just make your own!.... This mine, all though I have modified it even further now with the old headband on top..

Just got 2nd hand vive and would love this.

The kickstarter option is even better, but once add shipping, then uk vat & import duty, Then the usual BS courier charges called "Clearance fees(£8-£14)" and then crap £-$ rates then it ends up being silly money.

Back
Top Bottom